Daytona USA Progress

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Re: Daytona USA Progress

Post#31 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:09 am

DreamcastUK wrote:Amazing work! If you need anyone to help on physical hardware and either by Pi or BBA I would be happy to.

In regards to packets that was one of the only things (to the best of my knowledge) which was holding back F355 Challenge to returning 'online' , but sadly that person (to the best of my knowledge) doesn't want to give that information up very easily.

Great progress those as I've currently been playing Daytona USA Deluxe online on PC as most of the Sega PC titles have online TCP/IP network mode, so I'm fired up to play the Dreamcast version

I play Daytona Deluxe too!!! Glad to test someday that TCP/IP game. I will see info about it and send you a PM to test it. :D
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

Gabbyjay
lithium

Post#32 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:12 am

VKNIGHT20 wrote:Curious, how does this version of Daytona fare in relation to the Saturn release? Is it worth dropping the 50 (?!) dollars it currently goes for?

50 bucks? O_O
Back then, I bought a factory sealed japanese version for 5 €. : D

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#33 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:58 am

Gabbyjay wrote:50 bucks? O_O
Back then, I bought a factory sealed japanese version for 5 €. : D

I got my US copy for $10 in late 2018 or 2019. I have to wonder how many actual collectors are still left and not just resellers buying from other resellers, because this is just stupid. At least we'll always have CDRs

ioncannon
Anarki

Post#34 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:10 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
ncman071 wrote:Just curious if Daytona will be listed on W.I.P games on dc live

I'm being a bit conservative about what I add in there at this point. As we all know, projects like this can take years. It's getting a bit crowded at the moment. :lol: I'll wait until it's a bit further along.

Appreciate it. This is in very early stages unlike the KDDI stuff which was basically done except for figuring out a mechanism to do direct connect over TCP.

Anyway an update: I was able to figure out the various list functions using RuneJade's DLL exports (it's the IWANGO LobbyEngine but for WinCE). There I can see the types of lists being manipulated but only know 5/10 of em. However using that info I feel like I am a few packets away from completing login. Current process:

Gate Server

Get Lobby Servers: 0x3E8 -> 0x3E9 (xNumServers) -> 0x3EA
Get Handle List: -> 0x3F2

User selects a handle and lobby

Lobby Server

0x11 -> 0xC -> 0xE1

Lobby Server Logged In

0x18 (Fills the 0x8 List)
0x19 (Fills the 0x4 List... Game list?)

0x1B -> 0x1C

ExMem Success

Once the 0xE1 packet is sent; the lobby client starts sending packet request with opcodes. Known codes are 0x7, 0x8, 0x9, and 0xA.

Something worrisome: The lobby server may just facilitate just that.... lobby connections. I was hoping finding out it's workings might get Daytona online and then the 9 other games but looking at RuneJade it might just transfer the client to a proper game server once setup. This would mean more server (x9) needing figuring out.

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#35 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:13 am

Thanks for the updates on it, this is one of my fav games on the dc, and when it comes online it will be amazing to have a "real" arcade driving game online, this and Sega rally are probably the most anticipated games to come back for me in the future. Great work!

ioncannon
Anarki

Post#36 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:22 am

Finally progress!!! Figured out more list functions and how lobbies/games are added to their lists. I am getting stuck on "selecting" a game but cheated and set the memory manually at the bool blocking me.

Next "licenses" get sent and that worked easy enough. Sending the final opcode showed the above pic!!!

ioncannon
Anarki

Post#37 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:40 am

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#38 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:35 am

Just dropping by to say I'm in awe looking at history being made :O

Cass
MegaDeath