Fragging Friday Every Friday Always!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Mechanic
Vagabond

Re: Fragging Friday Every Friday Always!

Post#1161 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:12 pm

Yo 2koolpa Good playin ya friday. I also played the game since it came out on the dreamcast. Havent played for a while then Tact introduced me to this dreamcast community and got me back into dreamcast quake once again. Don't know where u get the impression that your not welcome. I'm always up for a challenge. Nice change of pace that a pcer joins in.
Italian Stallion

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#1162 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:42 am

2koolpa wrote:TacT! I played with you guys last friday from my PC. Was a lot of fun to be back on there and meeting other players. I will be back next Friday if I am still welcome to play with you guys.

As a general introduction.. I am a big Dreamcast gamer. More specific to this forum though.. Quake 3 is my favorite FPS of all time. I can't even begin to explain the nostalgia trip I was experiencing when playing on the DC servers with you guys the other night. Even though I was playing from my PC, it still felt like a return home of sorts. That was my first time playing Q3 in probably 13 or 14 years. I specifically installed the game on PC just to return to the DC servers and community.

If any of you guys were around that long ago, you might remember me or at least some of the guys I played with back then. It's no exaggeration to say that game and the people I played with consumed my life at the time. Of course things are different when you are a 16 year old versus a 30 year old now, so it was a bit easier to be all in on the game back then. If I could re capture even just a little bit of those days, it would mean a lot to me now. It isn't easy to let go is it?

So, I'm 2koolpa. I used to play as 3vilpinky and 2kool4skool. Anyone remember any of the 3vil clan members? 3vilangel, 3vilgoddess, 3vilchucky, 3vilonyx? Hmm... the Got clan. Got-Rice? He always ran a modded server. Ah, I could go on..

I'd like to see the player base expand beyond just the Friday night games. If anyone wants to play any other time let me know. I can jump on whenever. Otherwise I will be back Friday. Also, I do plan on getting back on there with my Dreamcast, I just need to buy a DreamPi and a keyboard/mouse. For now, I will continue to be a no good, rotten PC player.

One more thing..... GrimGravy??? Dude, you gotta remember me! We used to talk on MSN messenger and play quake together. Can't believe I am seeing you here!

Welcome! I do remember Got Rice as I was playing on his server quite a bit with Radkin and Carnage for years. I'm an original Q3 player from the beginning. I rarely took a break of note, but I remember the clans and the German DC-Arena.de guys like Grubensau and Roman.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

treyldog
undertow

Post#1163 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:44 am

I'll be in this Friday, after 15 months offline, im back and ready to go :) look out!

Mechanic
Vagabond

Post#1164 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:47 pm

Dilly Dilly
Italian Stallion

hawkzer0
dirty sailor

Post#1165 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:12 pm

2koolpa wrote:TacT! I played with you guys last friday from my PC. Was a lot of fun to be back on there and meeting other players. I will be back next Friday if I am still welcome to play with you guys.

As a general introduction.. I am a big Dreamcast gamer. More specific to this forum though.. Quake 3 is my favorite FPS of all time. I can't even begin to explain the nostalgia trip I was experiencing when playing on the DC servers with you guys the other night. Even though I was playing from my PC, it still felt like a return home of sorts. That was my first time playing Q3 in probably 13 or 14 years. I specifically installed the game on PC just to return to the DC servers and community.

If any of you guys were around that long ago, you might remember me or at least some of the guys I played with back then. It's no exaggeration to say that game and the people I played with consumed my life at the time. Of course things are different when you are a 16 year old versus a 30 year old now, so it was a bit easier to be all in on the game back then. If I could re capture even just a little bit of those days, it would mean a lot to me now. It isn't easy to let go is it?

So, I'm 2koolpa. I used to play as 3vilpinky and 2kool4skool. Anyone remember any of the 3vil clan members? 3vilangel, 3vilgoddess, 3vilchucky, 3vilonyx? Hmm... the Got clan. Got-Rice? He always ran a modded server. Ah, I could go on..

I'd like to see the player base expand beyond just the Friday night games. If anyone wants to play any other time let me know. I can jump on whenever. Otherwise I will be back Friday. Also, I do plan on getting back on there with my Dreamcast, I just need to buy a DreamPi and a keyboard/mouse. For now, I will continue to be a no good, rotten PC player.

One more thing..... GrimGravy??? Dude, you gotta remember me! We used to talk on MSN messenger and play quake together. Can't believe I am seeing you here!

man, I remember got rice! I was pretty sad when I learned that he had passed :( Used to play on his servers a lot. do you remember moondog? or was it moondoggy? Used to play with him a bunch back in the day as well
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

TacT
Uber

Post#1166 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:47 pm

thought i replied to all this guess it didn't post ><)

Welcome back 2koolpa and also Treyldog back to dreamcast!!!

Its still nice to catch a pc player once in a while =p get our butts kicked but I think its really cool that a dc and pc players could play some games together back then. I used to catch pc players on 4x4 and pool fairly often.

Would be great to see Everyone on tonight I just wish quake supported more than 4 players

Also welcome back to Radkin! and good to see you around GrimGravy!
was nice to see Impulse join us online recently too!

BTW I upgraded the computer that my quake server ran on for So Many YEeears . Hoping it will still work okay or better now even tho my ISP sucks it still works okay for these old games don't need much. this dam ISP also changes my ip frequently and charges people for a static ip that's really messed up.So not much point to post the ip or gametracker like i used to like to do.

If you don't get a server list on quake Check the master list here
https://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/app.php/page/q3master

By the way there are OTHER dreamcast quake3 servers around the world that simply did not set dc-talk as a master list to report to, so we often don't see them. I forgot where I saw them tho, I know OC had their own master list too with some other servers long ago. I wonder if there's any way to tie master lists together. hmm

SEEYA ALL ON QUAKE TONIGHT!

it's still thinking.

2koolpa
photon blast

Post#1167 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:30 pm

Hawk, no I did not know anything of Got-Rice? passing away.

Bob hmm no I dont remember all the names you mentioned but I DO remember Grubensau!! Man thats a name I have not heard in a long time. I played with him quite a bit. Got into a pretty good argument with him about something on another forum lol. But we continued playing together.

Nice playing with you Trey, Tact and Mechanic even if it was only a couple games. Will try to be on earlier next week and again if anyone wants to play any other night of the week let me know.

Mechanic
Vagabond

Post#1168 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:33 pm

yeah ggms 2koolpa. Was cool playin ya that last game on my pc :D
Italian Stallion

TacT
Uber

Post#1169 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:19 pm

Great games on friday! Welcome back treyldog and hope to see 2kool on dc soon =p More quake this friday or whenever ya wanna play go for it XD

it's still thinking.

2koolpa
photon blast

Post#1170 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:37 pm

Well I have officially ordered the dream pi and found a good deal on a mouse and keyboard on eBay. I won't have any of it shipped by tomorrows fraggin Friday so bare with me and my PC master race self one more time.. hopefully I'll be logging on from my Dreamcast next Friday! Also I can always host a server for everyone if people would be interested in playing some modded game modes or just want to maybe find a room where you get a better connection. Looking forward to tomorrow, had some fun games Wednesday.