Noob needs help!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

KevinB
noob

Noob needs help!

Post#1 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:23 pm

Hello everyone, I recently joined the community and would love to be apart of it. I have Qauke III and PSO v1. I am having troubles getting online though. I actually still have a subscription to AOL dail-up for $6.99 a month.
I have read through the forms and still can't even get an online game with bots to work.
PSO v1 also wont go past the opening video and just black screens.

I would love any help is possible!

KevinB
noob

Re: Noob needs help!

Post#2 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:52 pm

For an update, I have The sega dreamcast web browser, Literally factory sealed. I just opened it and tried to put in all my setting. I can use AOL dail-up with my windows 7 laptop fine. it dials fine. So I know my internet is not the issue. Each time I put in my details to connect it tells me that the line is busy and to try again. Does anyone have any suggestions?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#3 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:07 pm

I don't believe it's possible to use AOL dial-up with the Dreamcast because it requires proprietary dialer software.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Mechanic
Vagabond

Post#4 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:01 am

Before i got the pi setup i did get dialup to work thropugh my voip modem. Just plugged the dc into the phone jack in back of the modem and used 1 of those freei isp phone number found on the net. Entered any name and password with dns at 0000. It did connect to q3 but with bad lagg due to voip latency. So i dont see how your real dailup isp wont work. Put your isp info in the quake 3 connection screen under account 1 . Also look under account number 2 to make sure no other isp info is in there. After you do that save it then shut your dc off. Restart your dc and make sure that info is still there. If not you will need to clear the dc memory with the browser and set it up with the browser.
If you want a trouble free dc expierence i would ditch the aol dialup service and setup a pi with your braodband connection if u have 1
Italian Stallion

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#5 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:03 am

https://www.neoseeker.com/forums/1637/t ... -gamecube/

Here's someone saying they got AOL to work with Dreamcast. Does the line busy error happen right away or after trying to dial for a bit?
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast