Testing of new functionality needed!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

BlueCrab
Developer

Testing of new functionality needed!

Post#1 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:32 pm

I'd like to invite everyone who plays on Sylverant to help test out some new functionality in the server. Namely, the newly finished support for full server-side drops on PSOv2 (and PC, and v1). The code should work well enough (and conforms with Sega's rates for items), but I'm sure there's at least a few bugs with it still (as there usually is with new large pieces of software).

Read more about it on the new post on the Sylverant website. Feel free to post either there or here with any issues you may find.

As that news post states, currently this functionality is only enabled on Iselia. I would like to get any bug reports before porting the functionality to the other versions of the game, and before it gets rolled out more generally on the server.

I would appreciate any and all feedback in relation to the server-side drop code, especially if you notice a noticeable difference between the items generated normally by the game and those generated by the server-side code. Also, please let me know if you try it out and don't notice any issues! That way, I know people are at least testing it! ;)

Thanks in advance for help in testing this new (and interesting) feature.

WildCard
Beats of Rage

Re: Testing of new functionality needed!

Post#2 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:15 pm

will check it out at the first opportunity.

sega_SHARK
photon blast

Re: Testing of new functionality needed!

Post#3 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:26 pm

Did two runs through forest 1 and 2 on normal. Everything seems in order, no double box drops or anything that shouldn't be there. (Except for the speed metal on Pioneer 2)
Say Guh