Connection .VMI for USv2 Sylverant?

Moderator: pcwzrd13

lacroixpso
shadow

Connection .VMI for USv2 Sylverant?

Post#1 » Mon May 14, 2012 5:37 pm

I only have my one 4x Memory Unit at the moment, could someone upload a .vmi containing the Enable, HL Check and Connect codes to a site that I can download on Dreamcast? Thanks a ton in advance. I get tired of re entering the codes everytime I get on :(

K_I_R_E_E_K

Re: Connection .VMI for USv2 Sylverant?

Post#2 » Mon May 14, 2012 5:43 pm

lacroixpso
shadow

Post#3 » Mon May 14, 2012 5:53 pm

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:You could use this.
http://code.google.com/p/sylverant/down ... p&can=2&q=

I plan on it, but my only Windows PC is at work :( The Linux CDI burning methods don't work with certain DVD burners unfortunately.

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#4 » Mon May 14, 2012 6:46 pm

lacroixpso wrote:I get tired of re entering the codes everytime I get on :(

That's why you type them in once and then save them to a VMU yourself. ;) Be aware that you must have a separate VMU dedicated only to CB codes that cannot be connected to the Dreamcast while you play PSO, or it will disable your ability to find rare items and possibly corrupt your save file. Having CB codes saved to a separate bank of a 4X card from your character works for that purpose, as well as having a separate VMU.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

lacroixpso
shadow

Post#5 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:22 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:
lacroixpso wrote:I get tired of re entering the codes everytime I get on :(

That's why you type them in once and then save them to a VMU yourself. ;) Be aware that you must have a separate VMU dedicated only to CB codes that cannot be connected to the Dreamcast while you play PSO, or it will disable your ability to find rare items and possibly corrupt your save file. Having CB codes saved to a separate bank of a 4X card from your character works for that purpose, as well as having a separate VMU.

My memory card light turns off whenever I attempt to save the codes. Even if I switch banks again, the changes will not save. And yes, I have been using a seperate bank from my character for the connection codes.

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#6 » Mon May 14, 2012 10:51 pm

Are you using a Sega 4X card? My light also goes out when saving codes, but the save process works. One funny bug I noticed many years ago though is that every time you save the codes, their order reverses in the list, so the first game appears last and the last one appears first in the list.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

K_I_R_E_E_K

Post#7 » Tue May 15, 2012 6:41 am

I don't have the codes in a save file unfortunatly, so i can't help you keep the saves on the memory card.
Try asking a friend so he can burn that disk, alcohol or diskjuggler do the job.