(Free) Section ID calc. for Android "Seccy" (V1 -> BB)

Moderator: pcwzrd13

eleriaqueen
shadow

Re: (Free) Section ID calc. for Android "Seccy" (V1 -> BB)

Post#11 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:52 pm

Here's a shot of WIP UI for Seccy:

qemu-system-i386_2018-01-15_15-55-10.png
qemu-system-i386_2018-01-15_15-55-10.png (123.16 KiB) Viewed 9177 times
Last edited by eleriaqueen on Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

hawkzer0
dirty sailor

Post#12 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:50 pm

nice work! I second the idea for swatch internet time and a mag feeding timer. would make it super useful for me at least!
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

eleriaqueen
shadow

Post#13 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:20 pm

Some time ago I was starting to investigate the Idea @hawkzero but then my brother told me "Can't people use their phone's built-in Clock/Timer for mag feeding though?" which was a fair point... Then a Swatch Internet Time app alone wouldn't make any sense as there's an app for that on the Google Play Store I believe (Swatch branded).
Aside from the convenience of having both in a single app I don't see the point anymore...
Last edited by eleriaqueen on Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#14 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:12 pm

Eleria, I think it would be awesome to have those features in your app. After all, take a Swiss Army knife for example. Now could someone have separate knives, toothpicks, scissors, tweezers, screwdrivers, etc.? Yes. But that doesn't curb demand for Swiss Army knives. Same with your app + Swatch time + mag timer. Why install multiple apps and switch around apps to use them when one super-useful app handles it all?

eleriaqueen
shadow

Post#15 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:21 pm

On another note, I've been looking into ways to make an App that has multiple functions, It's not out of my league programming-wise so that's good.
I also built a working Swatch Internet Time app that is very basic at the moment (codename Booma's Clawck).
There's something else I'd have liked to include and that is a PSO V1 / V2 / V3 Box / Drop Chart, got V1 and V2 data extracted, but have slowed down tremendously while trying to extract GC data (mainly because I'm not good enough at programming to do it myself, so I used some opensource code, but it turns out it's not accurate enough....)

Here's a quick Gif:

2018-01-21_01-58-36.gif
Last edited by eleriaqueen on Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#16 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:05 am

Cool! Good work. :-)

eleriaqueen
shadow

Post#17 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:50 pm

Hello, I decided not to publish the UI remake. If you were wondering what I've been up to, well I went and took the current Google Play version of my app, and reworked the code which makes it much easier to work with than before (code was outdated).

So most of the work went to under-the-hood stuff, though I also tweaked the UI a bit, and still am trying to make it look better.

Check it out (Animated Gif, Work-in-Progress) :

Seccy_1.2_Showcase.gif

eleriaqueen
shadow

Post#18 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:36 pm

Hi, I released version 1.3.1

Changes so far :
- Major Proguard issue that lead to full app crash has been fixed

- App will no longer rotate with the screen, portrait mode only
- Clicking on certain UI elements will "fold" them (their state is saved)
- Name is now automatically saved/loaded (last entered name)
- Added an easily understandable "Not Applicable" icon that will be displayed instead of Section ID icons under certain circumstances.
- Replaced all Section ID icons with my own
- Added a label on Section ID icons (Redria... Pinkal... etc) (Finally!)
- Updated Glide (image library)
- Compiled with Android Studio 3.2

Screenshot_1538083373.png

Screenshot_1538083397.png