THE BEST DC Games?

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Re: THE BEST DC Games?

Post#11 » Thu May 01, 2014 2:24 am

why? if that works out for you, it's a good game :p
I have the same "problem"; I love Nightmare Creatures 2 ;)
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#12 » Thu May 01, 2014 3:34 am

Start with the NAOMI ports! Perfect arcade gameplay and short enough to be enjoyed anytime. Then work your way down to the more involving games like Sonic Adventure, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia. At this point you'll be completely brainwashed by the awesomeness of the DC and you can keep exploring the less polular but still amazing games like Draconus, D2, Veronica, Super Magnetic Neo, Rayman 2, etc.

Dont forget to check out Space Channel 5 Part 2, its even more amazing and better looking than the first one!

why? if that works out for you, it's a good game :p
I have the same "problem"; I love Nightmare Creatures 2

I absolutely love Dynamite Cop 2!

Dreamcastgaga
Roadster

Post#13 » Fri May 02, 2014 1:59 am

Rayman 2, it's actually one of the titles I am still to pick up. How does it play I wonder in 2014?

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#14 » Fri May 02, 2014 4:00 am

Its still smooth and amazing, all the textures are hand drawn and the low-poly levels look as if they meant to be low-poly, the world is rich and some levels can take up to an hour or more to complete.
Be sure to get the western version though, i have both the Japanese and PAL and for reasons unknown the character textures in the J version are drawn with a 'pencil' and dont look very good IMO, also some levels have less detail (not very noticeable though).

I Played all the Raymans and besides Origins and Legends (the latest, which are in 2D) Rayman 2 on the Dreamcast is by far the best one in the series (seriously, no fanboy talk). Your daughter will love it too.

MrTechnoSqueek
lithium

Post#15 » Thu May 29, 2014 3:17 am

Yeah Rayman 2 is really amazing. And plus the Dreamcast version is the best version!

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#16 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:14 am

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the fighting games.

If you like fighting games, pretty much any Capcom fighter is great. Marvel vs Capcom 2 is probably my favorite game on the system, and Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive 2, and Virtua Fighter 3tb are good (I've heard VF3 is good, I don't have it, the other two I know are good).

Other than that, the Sega Sports games are all good, if that's your thing. They're cheap too, so that's a plus.

Oh, and Crazy Taxi.