Adapter vgatohdmi

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

segalover08
rebel

Adapter vgatohdmi

Post#1 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:45 pm

Good evening, I was moving towards a vga cable, but my tv has no vga input. The only way is a VGAtoHDMI adapter. I wanted to know if the resolution stays true to VGA or gets worse or better, tell me someone who has tried what result it gives.
Thank you

mrneo240
Rank 9

Re: Adapter vgatohdmi

Post#2 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:37 pm

I would personally suggest a piece of atlona gear. Search here about my threads.
It stays at 640x480 vga

segalover08
rebel

Post#3 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:24 am

ok thanks I didn't elaborate but I think it comes out a bit from my budget

Cass
MegaDeath

Post#4 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:05 pm

No VGA on your TV sucks but you've still got some options. You can already guess the good options are expensive. If you're patient and lucky you might be able to grab an Atlona or Porrta vga to hdmi adapter on ebay at a reasonable price. On the budget side the Bitfunx or Kaico adapters will do a job but there's a ton of different options - just depends what you want from the device. Lots of people have walked this path in recent years and there are quite a few YouTube videos to watch showing some of the pros and cons of the different options.

-drez01-
Tank Jr.

Post#5 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:09 pm

Avoid cheap VGA to HDMI adapters like this one:
71SUitmVPmL._AC_SX425_.jpg

They are meant for HD resolutions and result in scrolling diagonal lines @ 640x480. I made the mistake and bought one off amazon and regret it. It will give you a headache after like 5 mins of play and is very distracting, ruining the fun of the dreamcast experience

segalover08
rebel

Post#6 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:51 pm

Thanks for the replies, my intention was to take advantage of the native vga signal, also because I didn't want a thousand boxes to look after.
I'll see if in the future there will be some opportunity to take, I was already interested in some vga boxes .. we'll see in the future as already said before.