In search of Speud, creator of Dream Explorer

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

nameneeded
noob

In search of Speud, creator of Dream Explorer

Post#1 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:15 am

I am in search of a person that goes by the name Speud. You may know him (or possibly her) as the creator/owner of the blueswirl dreamcast site and Dream Explorer. I am interested in continuing the development of Dream Explorer. I am not looking to take credit for anybody's work, or use it for financial gain. I simply want to use the skills I have to give back to this community for all it has given me. I want to update/add features to Dream Explorer. I think it is a great piece of software and still has much to offer dreamcast users. I hope to get his/her permission to continue development on Dream Explorer. I have tried the email listed on the blueswirl site. Unfortunately it is out of service. Please help me find Speud.

Thank you.

megavolt85
Developer

Re: In search of Speud, creator of Dream Explorer

Post#2 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:39 am

I tried to contact him about 5 years ago and also unsuccessfully

nameneeded
noob

Post#3 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:06 pm

That is unfortunate. Without the source code I cannot continue development. Does anyone here know of a repository or something for the source code?

Tomleecee
lithium

Post#4 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:23 pm

I’ve often wondered what happened to Speud. I’ve used Dream Explorer / VMU Tool for years. Would just like to thank them for developing it really. Interesting to hear that you tried contacting them, megavolt85

Lowkiz
noob

Post#5 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:23 pm

Hi all,

I also try to get in touch with Speud, we were close in the dc French community at the time and we shared good times.

If anyone happens to have their current email, please forward it to me in private.

thank you