Working on Dreamcast Arcade...

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Gertso
shadow

Working on Dreamcast Arcade...

Post#1 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:24 am

All wiring is finished as well as a reset switch to get back to the GDEMU menu. Will update as things progress. Should be finished in the next few weeks.

For the paint job I'm using old Dreamcast ads(that are affordable) and covering it in translucent paint. Control panel and monitor bezel will be red while the sides will be blue.

UPDATE #1 (sides pre paint job)
Last edited by Gertso on Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

NightBreeze
fire

Re: Working on Dreamcast Arcade...

Post#2 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:16 am

Looking forward to seeing the finished project, I love the idea of using old ads, looks spectacular!

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#3 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:59 am

Looks pretty cool. Are you willing to show how you wired the reset button up? I'm interested in this.

Gertso
shadow

Post#4 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:58 pm

dubcity wrote:Looks pretty cool. Are you willing to show how you wired the reset button up? I'm interested in this.

Absolutely!

I used this diagram. http://dcevolution.sourceforge.net/dchelp/DreamcastResetbutton.pdf

To make sure there weren't going to be any shorts I covered the solder points in hot glue. Just make sure not to use too much or you may have issues with the heat spreader mounting properly causing heating issues.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#5 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:52 pm

Gertso wrote:
dubcity wrote:Looks pretty cool. Are you willing to show how you wired the reset button up? I'm interested in this.

Absolutely!

I used this diagram. http://dcevolution.sourceforge.net/dchelp/DreamcastResetbutton.pdf

To make sure there weren't going to be any shorts I covered the solder points in hot glue. Just make sure not to use too much or you may have issues with the heat spreader mounting properly causing heating issues.

Thanks! I'll read up on that in a bit.

By the looks of the controller board you are modding an arcade1up cabinet? If so which one?

Gertso
shadow

Post#6 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:43 pm

dubcity wrote:
Gertso wrote:

Absolutely!

Thanks! I'll read up on that in a bit.

By the looks of the controller board you are modding an arcade1up cabinet? If so which one?

It's a Final Fight cab. I'll be using the leftover pieces in a bartop with the leftovers kit linked here: https://arcadedoubleup.com/products/leftovers-kit-arcade-cabinet-kit

The extended panel(so adults can play together) came from Tulsa Arcades. They do good work for very little money but expect a pretty long wait time because they are a small team getting mountains of orders in.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#7 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:35 am

the leftover kits is a pretty cool idea. thanks. I've dealt with Tulsa before. They do good work.

colgate
Doom

Post#8 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:18 am

Looking forward to see this one done!

Gertso
shadow

Post#9 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:24 am

UPDATE #1 (sides pre paint job)

Gertso
shadow

Post#10 » Mon May 03, 2021 7:16 pm

Current status: Fully operational, marque, sides, control panel, speakers monitor and bezel installed. Still needs some cosmetic touchups, leds, work on the riser and work on the interior. There will be a window with the Dreamcast on display.