Dreamcast movie maker?

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Re: Dreamcast movie maker?

Post#11 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:46 am

SMiTH wrote:mkandersson1082, I made a quick selfboot script for ya with gyplay bin and ip bin pre hacked.

Gyplay DC VCD Selfboot Script README
===================================

Add mpeg-1 video file to the data folder
Run "create vcd.bat"
Done!

Credits:

The Gypsy (for Gyplay)
SiZiOUS (for cdi4dc)
Jorg Schilling and others (for cdrtools)
SMiTH (for Gyplay DC VCD SelfBoot Script)

Thank you!!!

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#12 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:51 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Want 512x512x fullspeed video i have updated ROQ player that can do that lol It take a age to convert a video to it.. Just place it on the disk it play it problem with most of the players is no controls but for updated gyps player but it's videos are 320x240 and sutter at high bitrate.. dcmc works perfect on demul at 352x240 high bitrate but not hardware it's debug hell finding out why but i will one day.. i can go up to 640x480 as well problem is always sound for me..

Got remember every video player but DCMC is software pixel player.. software rendering

Cheers for the info, mate. Is there a recommended bitrate for Gyplay that you know of?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#13 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:18 am

It's bit of trail and error 800kb to 1200kb might be the max 320x240 with a 900k bitrate i found was it back in the day anything above that impacted the framerate.. this also 24fps or 25fps not 29fps btw..

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#14 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:06 am

Ian Micheal wrote:It's bit of trail and error 800kb to 1200kb might be the max 320x240 with a 900k bitrate i found was it back in the day anything above that impacted the framerate.. this also 24fps or 25fps not 29fps btw..

I used my go to app for conversions - VLC - under Ubuntu, and while the video loads it struggles to play. I tried lower than recommended bitrates and it made no difference. I guess Gyplay doesn't agree with how VLC handles the conversion process.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#15 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:33 am

Yeah most of these you need to use proper mpeg convertor also check video size and framerate in windows.. bit rate is total that means including sound check the bit rate of the sound.. it's not going to handle 48khz for example 22khz 64bit it's about any of these players can handle

There all software rendering apart from DCMC .. which is the only one that can handle mpeg 2 at 60fps with no sound..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#16 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:41 am

Best bet just search fuzzycast be done with it and hope they have converted the movie proper using katana dev kit sample it's 640x480 almost dvd qualty

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#17 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:00 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Best bet just search fuzzycast be done with it and hope they have converted the movie proper using katana dev kit sample it's 640x480 almost dvd qualty

I used the same kit once upon a time, I might teach myself how to use it again. I have Windows XP running in a VM so I'm able to utilise the required apps.