RetroTink SCART2VGA not working?

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

tripletopper
blackout!

RetroTink SCART2VGA not working?

Post#1 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:06 pm

Is the main reason why a scarts to VGA adapter for Metro tank does not work with the Dreamcast is because the main operating system menu is in 480i and not in 240p?

If it is then would a "pure vga interface" work with all games. (I heard certain games don't work with VGA, just like certain games don't work with broadband and require dial-up. Luckily dream pie is a dial-up simulator that will work with all Sega net games.). 480p mode in 4x3 is perfectly acceptable and in fact preferred because I got a CRT VGA and every millisecond matters.

I heard about people paying extra for specific Dreamcast VGA converters which work well with HDMI. If you don't have to worry about HDMI or converting a 4x3 to 16 x 9, would any VGA adapter work for the Dreamcast? I got a VGA CRT that could do 480p.

My main concerns are png time and being as colorful of a broadcast as possible, and having it be capturable on a UVC capture card. Then again now that it has to convert back to HDMI, maybe one that works well with HDMI would be better.