Have 2 HKT-01 Dev kits. Need help

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

springbok
shadow

Re: Have 2 HKT-01 Dev kits. Need help

Post#11 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:12 pm

poopidoop wrote:wont the extra pc really add to the shipping cost though?

It's a mini formfactor and would add about 4 pounds, so about $4 to shipping. Well worth the effort.

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#12 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:05 pm

When you put the SDK in your PC you'll see it contains a really extensive setup guide, which will guide you through the whole installation procedure.

From what I remember the internal hard drive is a SCSI one, so you can't swap it for a PATA nor CF-mod it without getting an expensive adapter. To DD / backup the hard drive in full you'll need to resort to trickery. The easiest way to see if there is anything on the surface is to install the SDK and SCSI-card for your PC drivers so the Katana hard drive shows up as an hard drive on your PC. From there you can see if there is anything there (if there is nothing there, it can still contain data though).

FuzzyFish
minority

Post#13 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:04 am

springbok wrote:
FuzzyFish wrote:Don't suppose there is any chance you are on the East coast? I've wanted to compile 4x4 Evo DC in debug mode on a real dev kit for years now.

I am on the east coast :). Where are you located?

I'm located in SC, and moving up to NJ in a few months. I have a Win9x box setup though I mostly just use a VM now.
4x4 Evolution Revival Project
http://www.4x4evolution.net

springbok
shadow

Post#14 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:12 pm

FuzzyFish wrote:
springbok wrote:
FuzzyFish wrote:Don't suppose there is any chance you are on the East coast? I've wanted to compile 4x4 Evo DC in debug mode on a real dev kit for years now.

I am on the east coast :). Where are you located?

I'm located in SC, and moving up to NJ in a few months. I have a Win9x box setup though I mostly just use a VM now.

SC is a little far for a weekend trip. I am in Florida

Return to “Dreamcast Community”