PSO2 newbie!

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DreamState
blackout!

PSO2 newbie!

Post#1 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:34 pm

Hello all, It’s my 2nd day playing PSO2, and I’m a complete newbie meaning I have never played before or know anything about the game, so I’m completely winging everything I’m doing reaching level 4 currently. I have a few questions for the more expert players of this game:

Although I’m enjoying the game, does the games repetitive spawning combat style continue through the entire game?

When I continue my saved game, is it normal to fight enemies that I have already defeated in the zones that I cleared in Forest 1?

Currently, I am using the shoot and retreat from the gate method to defeat enemies (as they can’t pass through), but does anyone have a better strategy to defeating multiple enemies in the field, as close combat I’ve found is very clunky?

Is there a shortcut button to quickly heal yourself after attacks without thinking I’m going to be mauled in one go or have to keep retreating?

Thanks for any advice anyone here can give!

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: PSO2 newbie!

Post#2 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:42 am

You have to create your own shortcut.
Ennemis respawn every time you leave thé area.

You have to mastered the two differents combos pressing attack button three times with good temp.
And use magic and your mag at the best time :-)

It's repetitive combat, but it depends of you and your strategy for each room.
It's why the game is infinit more fun (he's already it) online.
Online you can use magic, gun, and saber class.

When you finish all mode and missions, the second part of the game is to find special item and trade with other players.

Happy to see you are enjoying this Dreamcast masterpiece.
If you can don't hesit to purchase a dreampi.

DreamState
blackout!

Post#3 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:18 pm

Thanks for the reply! Appreciated! I played some more tonight and I’ve reached Forest 2 now, but I’m wondering do I have to go through the entire Forest 1 field again just to continue where I left off at Forest 2?

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#4 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:24 am

You have to find the exit to forest 3.
If you have saved, you can jump directly to forest 2 from Pionner 2.

DreamState
blackout!

Post#5 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:36 am

Last time I looked there was only the portal to Forest 1 on Pioneer 2 (even though I’ve started Forest 2) so I’m a bit confused if I have to do the field I’ve already done to get to where I left off.