vmu power no battery

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

poopidoop
MegaDeath

vmu power no battery

Post#1 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:28 pm

been looking at ways to power the vmu without the cr2032 battery because the life of 2 of them is so poor. i considered a 4x AA battery pack but decided to just mess with what i do have on hand without cannibalizing the kids toys for a battery pack. cant believe it worked, pretty sure im a volt short though but hey it works.

(edit: i know those arent wire nuts, and are actually for hanging stuff in dry wall. but its what i saw at the moment and it let me not cross the wires or touch them with my hand lol)
Attachments
20190517_211709.jpg
20190517_211633.jpg
20190517_211630.jpg

beanboy
Wazza

Re: vmu power no battery

Post#2 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:36 pm

That's quite an innovative trick you did there. :)

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#3 » Sat May 18, 2019 1:21 pm

Thanks. I'm just trying things to see what works before I do a more permanent mod. I'm going to try to do it without cutting the vmu. And I wanna get it eventually to take rechargeable 2032s that draws power from the dreamcast but I don't think the play time with those are great. Not that there are a great deal on things to do on the vmu anyway but still.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#4 » Fri May 24, 2019 12:15 am

poopidoop wrote:Thanks. I'm just trying things to see what works before I do a more permanent mod. I'm going to try to do it without cutting the vmu. And I wanna get it eventually to take rechargeable 2032s that draws power from the dreamcast but I don't think the play time with those are great. Not that there are a great deal on things to do on the vmu anyway but still.

Cool! And that idea with the rechargeable 2032's is pretty neat.