New Retro Fighters Dreamcast Controller

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.
DCGX
MicroMidget

Re: New Retro Fighters Dreamcast Controller

Post#11 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:07 pm

The real question is why aren't there six face buttons? This is supposed to be a fighter pad, right?

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#12 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:41 pm

Well the C and Z buttons, are truly just digital L and R triggers. So those are what they are replacing it with I suppose. But I agree, give us C and Z buttons as well for true face buttons.

But yeah, I just hope when Retro-Bit does theirs, that they also use shoulder buttons too at least. They added them to their wireless Mega Drive/Genesis and Saturn controllers, so no reason to suspect they won't also have them on it.

Obviously, I don't think any of us hate the DC controller, we just see a few key ways it could be improved.

I know what I am doing the first day I get my wireless Retro-Bit DC controller, replacing the analog sticks like what I did with my official controllers. My latest mod turned out pretty great.

Tarnish
killer

Post#13 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:45 am

My personal 2 cents:

Out of the various issues the DC controller has, the shape/ergonomics isn't one of them. I'm sure there's a good reason why now every controller in existence follows the same design, but I never felt the DC's design was awkward or uncomfortable. Unlike with the 3-prong design of the N64 controller which unarguably benefited from a redesign.

The chord coming out of the top actually seems like a step backward. For me that makes the controller even more top-heavy by making me lift the chord as well. Chord on the top makes sense for every controller except the DC, due to the expansions on the top and the use of the VMU screen.

beanboy
Heroine Console

Post#14 » Sat May 04, 2019 12:35 am

Xiden wrote:Found something cool to share

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... le_created

New retro fighters controller for dreamcast. I have their n64 controller and its awesome. Highly recommend this company.

Wow! I like what I see. That design looks nice too.