Dreamcast overclocking

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Re: Dreamcast overclocking

Post#21 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:13 am

No1Dopechampion wrote:Anonymouse , that video you posted, I made that so well done for finding it !
From what I read the other 20% overclock should also work with dchdmi as that runs off the GPU and not the CPU.
But the simplicity of the 10% without the aggro of VMU corruption makes it one of the bes mods avaliable, IMO

Thank you for the upload. You have some really great videos on you channel! Having to have two sets of VMUs was a deal breaker for me, thats why I sold my 240Mhz Dreamcast. 10% looks much better. Only time will tell if the 10% overclock is a mod that can in essence just be done and then forgotten about.

Have you notice any issues at all? Is this your daily use Dreamcast?
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#22 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:19 am

Has anyone actaully confirmed the clock signal with a scope? I am unable to find a datasheet to check that the IC chip actually has an output for 36.67Mhz
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#23 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:29 pm

I guess the mod is good, it just deserves a comparaison between standard and 10% overclock.
With a game like shenmue 2 for example, run around the pigeon park fontain is a good place.

I still have my cristal to overclock at 20%, but i don't do the mod, I'm afraid to break something ^^

meghzop
noob

Post#24 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:20 am

I would imagine potential issues with this mod when using a GD-EMU.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#25 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:04 am

Ah good idea.
With dreamshell no problem.

Motoracer5
blackout!

Post#26 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 3:08 pm

I don't have any issues with 240hz on gdemu that I didn't have with disc. Mode does not work with 240hz though