Dreamcast VS Link cable available for pre-order

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Xiden
Developer

Re: Homemade Dreamcast VS Link cable project interest.

Post#11 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:04 am

He messaged me today saying he could make them after looking over the specs I sent over to him. If there's enough interest he will begin manufacturing them after the holidays. Not sure on a price point yet. All I can say is his cables are top notch and you wont have to pay 500+ dollars like you do for ebay Dreamcast VS cables lol.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#12 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:21 pm

I would be interested as well.

gjb1985
drunken sailor

Post#13 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:16 am

I would want one depending on the price and shipment out of europe.

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#14 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:29 pm

I would like a DC<->DC cable, a DC<->Neo Geo Pocket Color cable, and a DC<->PC coding cable. If he could make any of those, that would be awesome. If the price was right, I'd buy two!

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#15 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:28 pm

With a DC-DC cable (and a couple of cheap modules off of ebay that'd probably run you about $5), you could easily make two DC-PC cables. ;-)

If the price was right, I'd certainly be interested in grabbing a few. Never hurts to have options, even though I have one of the commercially produced DC-DC cables (and one of the DC-NGPC cables too).

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#16 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:22 pm

I'm definitely interested, even tough I already have a link cable I think it's important to have alternatives so we can keep on linking! :)

Chael
fire

Post#17 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:05 pm

Nz17 wrote:I would like a DC<->DC cable, a DC<->Neo Geo Pocket Color cable, and a DC<->PC coding cable. If he could make any of those, that would be awesome. If the price was right, I'd buy two!

Official boxed DC<->NGPC cables aren't hard to find and are pretty cheap (20-30) with a bit of patience.

INGUES
shadow

Post#18 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:41 pm

Hey there! I heard about this from the FB group The Dreamcast Junkyard. I would love to purchase one of his link cables. I hope it happens! :D

ferretdookdook
shadow

Post#19 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:56 pm

Hi, I literally registered just to say i'd be interested in potentially several as long as prices aren't extreme. A random depressive google search for VS Links turned up this topic and I was surprised.

I've lurked this site a few occasions before, if I remember right you guys have the setup information here for how to make a Saturn and Dreamcast work over the internet via the modem links... been wanting to online game with my several Saturns and Dreamcasts for awhile, just didn't have a chance to get around to this setup yet. :)

If VS Link duplicates come out that are reliable it will reinvigorate my retro passion! Both for online gaming via modem link, and local LAN on the few special games like F355 that go heads up and have been unplayable to those of us who missed out on the easily available era of Dragonlink cables and such...

krssn
Metallic

Post#20 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:12 am

Shouldn't feel too bad about the Dragoncast cables.

Apparently they were of shitty quality and didn't always work properly.