Hey Everyone, Old Guy Checking In!

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

[][[T-MONEY[][]
noob

Hey Everyone, Old Guy Checking In!

Post#1 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:35 am

Posted on Reddit hoping to reconnect with those friends I had back in the DCEmu/CV days.

After I left the scene (joined the military) I never really got back into it. And now, nearly 20 years later I'm just trying to see how my old friends are doing.

I hope anyone who remembers me (1) remembers me fondly and (2) is doing well and they are doing well in their lives. I've been part of a lot of communities since my DC/XB days and honestly nothing had the tight knitted community like DCEmu/CV.

Anyways looking to make those connections again, let me know how y'all are doing!!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Hey Everyone, Old Guy Checking In!

Post#2 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:17 pm

Welcome back :) i was around then in 2002 not sure i remember your name on dcemulation maybe i do..

hardly any one remembers consolevision heheh :)

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#3 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:32 am

Welcome back!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

[][[T-MONEY[][]
noob

Post#4 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:22 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Welcome back :) i was around then in 2002 not sure i remember your name on dcemulation maybe i do..

hardly any one remembers consolevision heheh :)

Was a LONG time ago. September 2002 I left for the US Air Force so may have just missed one another. Another title I held under my belt w as I used to manage B!CC (Boob! Covers Central) for custom case artwork, GUIs, etc. Anyways glad to be back now that I have the time to do so. Also hoping to start doing some dev work on the DC, just 20 years too late :)

[][[T-MONEY[][]
noob

Post#5 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:23 am

Bob Dobbs wrote:Welcome back!

Thanks!

Pretty impressed to see how the DC Scene has progressed! I still have my original launch Dreamcast and would like to fit one of the ODEs to it, but think I may just find a scrap one and build it back up from there. My original Dreamcast is in pristine condition still and don't want to screw it up!

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#6 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:57 am

I have a few Dreamcast consoles (never for sale) mostly standard consoles plus two Sport edition consoles. No other regions, just NTSC/U. There are couple of online games that has surfaced in your absence like PBA World Tour Bowling and Internet Game Pack. Also various home homebrew, independent and leaked games. Also an evolution of keeping the Dreamcast online.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

MondoGecko
minority

Post#7 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:48 am

[][[T-MONEY[][] wrote:
Bob Dobbs wrote:Welcome back!

Thanks!

Pretty impressed to see how the DC Scene has progressed! I still have my original launch Dreamcast and would like to fit one of the ODEs to it, but think I may just find a scrap one and build it back up from there. My original Dreamcast is in pristine condition still and don't want to screw it up!

I wouldn't worry much about that unless you were trying to install HDMI mods, the ODE solutions really are just swap & drop. If anything goes wrong, like a defective GDemu board or anything like that, you can easily pop the GD-rom drive back in, no harm no foul.

I've not been active in the community from those days but I was right there with the Dreamcast on Christmas 99, I agree the advancements have been really impressive. If translations of Japanese games or undubs sound like something you'd like to explore there's a ton of great stuff to see now. The recent Berserk re-translation I've found to be really impressive.

Glad to see the Dreamcast has interested you again, it's an incredible console with a very high percentage of great games in its library. I've messed around with HDD mods, flash carts, softmods, etc. for a lot of consoles over the years, but the Dreamcast is what keeps me interested because 9 times out of 10 any random game I decide to play on it is going to be enjoyable. It's also the gift that keeps on giving. New prototypes, homebrews, translations, software applications, etc. release at a pretty steady clip and it seems like they have for decades now thanks to a really solid community putting in lots of care and effort.