Question about playing the dreamcast on a new TV.

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
gjb1985
drunken sailor

Re: Question about playing the dreamcast on a new TV.

Post#11 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:24 am

krssn wrote:
mazonemayu wrote:when I need a new tv I always look for something that has vga, the brand is less important to me than the connections it has

From all the posts I've already seen here having a VGA port alone is not enough.

Better to bring your DC to the store and check if the VGA port is compatible with the DC's VGA signal.

this is better. I did this when I bought a hdtv specifically for my dreamcast. I brought it to the store to check on all tv's and the toshiba one I got did 1:1 pixel which looked by far the best

Blarneo
rebel

Post#12 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:15 pm

gjb1985 wrote:
krssn wrote:
mazonemayu wrote:when I need a new tv I always look for something that has vga, the brand is less important to me than the connections it has

From all the posts I've already seen here having a VGA port alone is not enough.

Better to bring your DC to the store and check if the VGA port is compatible with the DC's VGA signal.

this is better. I did this when I bought a hdtv specifically for my dreamcast. I brought it to the store to check on all tv's and the toshiba one I got did 1:1 pixel which looked by far the best

I bet the sales drone was thinking "Why doesn't he just get an XBox?"

gjb1985
drunken sailor

Post#13 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:18 am

Blarneo wrote:
gjb1985 wrote:
krssn wrote:From all the posts I've already seen here having a VGA port alone is not enough.

I bet the sales drone was thinking "Why doesn't he just get an XBox?"

I don't think he had a clue what dreamcast was. I also said I only buy the tv for dreamcast so if it doesn't look good I buy another tv.