Tokyo highway challenge 2

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
gjb1985
drunken sailor

Tokyo highway challenge 2

Post#1 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:11 am

what are other people's opinions about this game?

I wrote a review about it: http://www.gamefaqs.com/dreamcast/34031 ... ews/163413

to me the best racing game I've ever played and in every way a benchmark for dreamcast. also in graphics. still this game isn't mentioned often when dreamcasts great are being named, not even among it's racing games.

it's for me the true racing rpg. hundreds of hours I've spent and still spend sometimes. I even went out and watch the wangan anime because of it

3style
lithium

Re: Tokyo highway challenge 2

Post#2 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:08 pm

I like this game with its arcade Japanese style. And it still has great graphics especially when hooked up a monitor with vga!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gjb1985
drunken sailor

Post#3 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:18 am

arcade japanese style? this game is about as un-arcade as can be.

3style
lithium

Post#4 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:15 pm

Haha, maybe the way I have played it. I agree it's not a classic arcade coin up, but I often play just a quick race and have some fun.

gjb1985
drunken sailor

Post#5 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:49 am

yes but to actually master the game and not bounce into every corner you need to tweak a lot the cars as I say in my review.

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#6 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:07 am

Gjb1985, great review of this game! :)
I own on GDRom the 2 parts, finishing the first part in PAL now, great game too. But the second part that i have is on JAP, is a big issue to enjoy that game in that languaje?
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

3style
lithium

Post#7 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:04 am

I also own the Japanese version and most of the language is in English.

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#8 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:16 pm

3style wrote:I also own the Japanese version and most of the language is in English.

Nice to hear that, Thanks You! :-)
I have this game like a good wine, waiting to open it on a good moment.
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

gjb1985
drunken sailor

Post#9 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:03 pm

Jako wrote:Gjb1985, great review of this game! :)
I own on GDRom the 2 parts, finishing the first part in PAL now, great game too. But the second part that i have is on JAP, is a big issue to enjoy that game in that languaje?

Thank you. I can imagine it not being hard to play in japanese. you only can't read the backstory of the cars, gangs, bosses and other racers

mstar
Doom

Post#10 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:10 am

I've both in Japanese and don't think that is a big issue...