Official Sega Saturn NetLink Guide

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Xiden
Developer

Re: Official Sega Saturn NetLink VOIP Guide - SaturnPi

Post#431 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:39 pm

Made a critical update to netlink zone. I found out how to access the full email service on the netlink games so now you can now check and send email with attachments within netlink zone games.

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#432 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:35 pm

That's really exiting!

conradoz
shadow

Post#433 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:35 pm

Hi itsthinkingstill,

I understand, thanks for explain.
I want to play some Sega Saturn games, can you play with me?

Thanks again.

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#434 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:03 pm

I'm still very interested in this. What has the result been like within same states or with the UK?
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

Xiden
Developer

Post#435 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:09 pm

Anonymouse wrote:I'm still very interested in this. What has the result been like within same states or with the UK?

If are within the same continent it works well. Beyond that the lag is currently too high to play. Hopefully we can find faster solutions in the future though.

miba
noob

Post#436 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:00 pm

Hi! I recently ordered a NetLink modem and am interested in playing some Saturn games online. I have a Phoebe ODE so I can play all games. I'm from Austria so I'd play with europeans preferably.

Are there still any people playing?

(However I have some exams upcoming and will be moving after so it might be over a month out)

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#437 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:08 pm

Im hoping to get back into playing Saturn & Dreamcast online soon, its just that my schedule right now does not permit it :(

conradoz
shadow

Post#438 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:43 am

Hey guys, last year I got the netlink modem and other acessories. I really want play sega saturn online games. Do someone want play online?
Thanks.

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#439 » Sun May 05, 2019 1:18 pm

Sorry for the super long delay but this summer i might be up for a match or two!

miba
noob

Post#440 » Fri May 10, 2019 1:04 pm

Finally got around to playing some online matches with Tgames, was pretty stable for the most part but it seems like it keeps getting laggier the longer you play. We both have fibre connections and I live in Austria and he lives in France. If anyone has any suggestions to combat this issue it would be greatly appreciated!

Saturn Bomberman and Virtual On are pretty much unplayable, which is why they're not shown here. I might also stream/record my matches at some point over at twitch.tv/miba, I was too lazy to set up my equipment again ;)