Official Sega Saturn NetLink Guide

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Re: Official Sega Saturn NetLink VOIP Guide - SaturnPi

Post#401 » Sun May 20, 2018 8:53 am

Maybe a dumb question, but did you change its IP address in the config?
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#402 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:46 am

SEGA RPG FAN wrote:Maybe a dumb question, but did you change its IP address in the config?

I don't think so (?!). I got up to the following step -

4. Click on System Tab

Set DHCP to NO,
Setup a static IP of your choosing
Enter your routers Gateway (Find this by using ipconfig on windows command prompt)
NetMask must be 255.255.255.0

I entered the same static IP as in the photo in the guide (192.168.1.80) and clicked "submit all changes". It loaded a new page saying that it would reload in 5 seconds and then Firefox said that it couldn't connect and then the VOIP was gone from my network.

Edit: I notice the static IP in the photo (192.168.1.80) is the same as the one which Xiden said his router assigned his VOIP. My router assigned the VOIP as 192.168.31.62 - should I have entered that as static IP?
aka DavidHK on DC games.

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#403 » Sun May 20, 2018 11:00 am

You changed the adapter's IP :P You have to enter 192.168.1.80 to access it now. If your network is giving out addresses in the form of 192.168.31.x you should follow that format (192.168.31.80 for example).

Xiden
Developer

Post#404 » Sun May 20, 2018 12:35 pm

SEGA RPG FAN wrote:You changed the adapter's IP :P You have to enter 192.168.1.80 to access it now. If your network is giving out addresses in the form of 192.168.31.x you should follow that format (192.168.31.80 for example).

Just to add to the guide can you give me the factory reset code too. Noticed the guide didnt have it

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#405 » Sun May 20, 2018 8:18 pm

SEGA RPG FAN wrote:You changed the adapter's IP :P You have to enter 192.168.1.80 to access it now. If your network is giving out addresses in the form of 192.168.31.x you should follow that format (192.168.31.80 for example).

Arghhh! The guide said "Setup a static IP of your choosing" which, to an idiot like me, sounded like I could enter whatever I wanted. Maybe that could be clarified in the guide? :)

As it happens I have tried to enter 192.168.1.80 but still nothing. As I said, it literally isn't being shown on my network at all. I eagerly await the factory reset code :lol:
aka DavidHK on DC games.

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#406 » Sun May 20, 2018 10:15 pm

To reset, you connect a phone to the adapter and dial **** then at the menu prompts enter 73738 then 1 to confirm.

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#407 » Mon May 21, 2018 2:57 am

SEGA RPG FAN wrote:To reset, you connect a phone to the adapter and dial **** then at the menu prompts enter 73738 then 1 to confirm.

What do you mean at the menu prompts? Where is the menu?
aka DavidHK on DC games.

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#408 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:25 am

It's an audio menu. You listen to the prompts.

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#409 » Mon May 21, 2018 1:18 pm

For me what i found is is after one hits apply, the voip takes its sweet time before you can be able to logon again. If i remember correctly sometimes i would have to unplug it and then plug it back in and wait awhile. But your settings did go through most likely

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#410 » Mon May 21, 2018 11:37 pm

Yeah I think my VOIP is fecked...tried resetting my router and it still isn't displaying the VOIP. I hope I can use a regular phone to reset it. It'll try it at work tomorrow :)
aka DavidHK on DC games.