Official Sega Saturn NetLink Guide

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Xiden
Developer

Re: Official Sega Saturn NetLink VOIP Guide

Post#461 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:21 pm

I've added a few more guide adjustments. David Lee made some amazing images that I've integrated into the guide. Thanks David!

Xiden
Developer

Post#462 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:49 pm

Another quick update, david made a cool printable pdf guide, I've added to the top off the official guide for download.

Xiden
Developer

Post#463 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:36 am

Added Battle Cubes Prototype Xband Game to Saturn.Dreampipe.Net
its a sample Xband game, plus tests the latency between two connections.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#464 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:59 am

Tis super useful cheers much! Sorry I've had my Netlink+unlocked Cisqo for months n my setup is so terribad I afraid right now to relocate my Saturnnn!@#

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#465 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:10 am

I’m assuming the downloads for patched ISOs are NTSC?

I have a PAL Saturn with a 50/60hz switch but won’t be able to use my action replay card to load the game as the net link will be in the cartridge slot.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

Xiden
Developer

Post#466 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:53 am

Anonymouse wrote:I’m assuming the downloads for patched ISOs are NTSC?

I have a PAL Saturn with a 50/60hz switch but won’t be able to use my action replay card to load the game as the net link will be in the cartridge slot.

correct they are all NTSC format. You might try patching the region header to PAL with this software

https://madroms.satakore.com/#SRP (Saturn Region Changer) and then burn one copy to test. If you are able to test that and it does work please let me know and I'll make a PAL section for the ISO's

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#467 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:18 am

I’ll try that out later today and let you know
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

dcdingo
Quad Damage

Post#468 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:12 pm

Just wanted to say a massive thank you for the guide - after a LOT of tweaking of settings, a bit of blood, a lot of sweat (when my VOIP adapter seeminly died...) and plenty of tears I finally had my first race on Sega Rally today!

So good to get a second SEGA console back online!
PSO - Crimez (Lv136 FoNewm) / Revlis (Lv20 RaCast)
Anything else - dcdingo
YouTube Link

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#469 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:38 pm

It is incredible how much effort people have put in to get all these playable online again!

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#470 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:16 pm

dcdingo wrote:Just wanted to say a massive thank you for the guide - after a LOT of tweaking of settings, a bit of blood, a lot of sweat (when my VOIP adapter seeminly died...) and plenty of tears I finally had my first race on Sega Rally today!

So good to get a second SEGA console back online!

Excellent. What was your playing experience like? Where are you located and what was the distance between you and your opponent? Did you use the modifier ISOs?