List of 60FPS Dreamcast Games

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Re: List of 60FPS Dreamcast Games

Post#111 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:18 pm

I have personally tested these games in NullDC and they indeed run at 60 fps, you can zoom in the top left corner and see for yourself.
Attachments
Sega GT 2.jpg
Skys Of Arkadia 3.jpg
Skys Of Arkadia.jpg
Sega GT.jpg

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#112 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:59 am

I kinda lost the point of this topic. Are we listing 60fps Dreamcast games (running on an actual console) or emulators? Yo can make almost any Dreamcast game run at 60 or 120 on a 10 times more powerful hardware. Sega GT and SOA run at 30fps on the Dreamcast.

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#113 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:48 am

I have read a few reviews that claim that Sega GT runs at 30 fps. One claims that it is locked at 30 and another claims that is runs at 30 to 45 fps. What they do not say is where they came up with this information. If they are just eyeballing it that is the same as guessing. I cannot say for sure if NullDC sets the frame rates at 60 by default? This is possible though. The only way I see an increase or decrease in frames is when the SH4 dips or spikes, This is never more than a few frames increase or decrease though.

At this point I have to agree with segata sanshiro that NullDC might not be the best tool to measure FPS, Until I run into a game that says 30 FPS and the SH4 is also running at 100% I will have to discard it as being accurate.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#114 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:46 am

I'll remove those two games for now and test them when I can.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

akumajobelmont
undertow

Post#115 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:43 pm

Hey hey! I'm new here! Thought I'd add one to the list. F1 World Grand Prix 2 runs at a solid 60fps most of the time :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAbOlJX1XAE
Last edited by akumajobelmont on Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#116 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:41 am

Hey there, F1 World Grand Prix 2 is solid 30fps... if you have the chance, put it side by side with F355 or Daytona for example and you'll see the difference.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#117 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:50 am

I know Monaco Grand Prix is 30fps but I'm not sure about F1 as I don't own it. I might burn a copy and test it.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#118 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:24 pm

All F1 games on DC runs at 30 fps.

death_pixel
undertow

Post#119 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:33 pm

Ok cool, demolition racer: no exit and Daytona USA 2001 are really good racing games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akumajobelmont
undertow

Post#120 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:35 pm

segata sanshiro wrote:Hey there, F1 World Grand Prix 2 is solid 30fps... if you have the chance, put it side by side with F355 or Daytona for example and you'll see the difference.

The video I linked shows it doing the SEGA Rally 2 thing, hitting 60fps, throttling down to 30fps, back up to 60 and so forth. I'm just about to check on my unit, but the Menu/Course flyby in the video is 60fps for sure, ingame, it's 60/30/60/30 etc. At least in the Time Trials in the video. Maybe it doesn't hit 60 during a normal race with other vehicles on the track?

EDIT: Ok, so the Menus and Flybys are 60fps. A Time Trial race can jump from 30fps to 60fps, enough to be jarring every now and then. Ran a single race on the Canada track with a full pack, and it's definitely 30fps the VAST majority of the run. Had a very brief section run at 60fps for a few seconds, but it didn't replicate on subsequent laps. Had one section where it must have dipped down to 15fps, there was a fair bit of level geometry and a few cars on the screen at the time though.

Yeah, I wouldn't call it a 60fps title :)