Painting my Dreamcast

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
grimmythereaper
photon blast

Re: Painting my Dreamcast

Post#11 » Mon May 18, 2015 1:47 am

looks awesome
they call me Hadoken because im down right fierce

Martyn
rebel

Post#12 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:31 pm

2018 and we're at it again.

Being soooooo tiny, the VMU is an utter pain to get right. And Im not gonna do a half arsed job.

Controllers also heading the same shade as we speak. And I'm gonna swap the stock analogue stick for a PS4 one. No filing req'd :D
Attachments
VMU in paint.jpg

stellaloveslunafreya
noob

Post#13 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:56 pm

That looks really nice. I have a Japanese Dreamcast myself and would love to paint it (possibly orange). What type of paint and other tools (like brushes or sprayers) do you recommend to do so?

beanboy
Wazza

Post#14 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:09 pm

What type of paint or glossy paint, is suitable to paint consoles?

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#15 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:18 pm

Krylon fusion or vinyl dye for the color, then some kind of clearcoat to protect the paint. You should probably watch some videos on painting stuff with spray paint if you haven't done it before.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#16 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:37 pm

Okay, thanks for that info.