Most obscure games in the DC's library?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Re: Most obscure games in the DC's library?

Post#11 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:04 am

I support LOL too, but would add EGG, pretty amazing Zelda contender.
Also Incoming (Thanks Dreamcastgaga) is simple and retarder, but as addictive as... (insert your favorite substance) :D

genny
rebel

Post#12 » Wed May 22, 2013 4:26 pm

Has anyone ever tried Fighting Force 2? I don't see that one brought up very much. I actually enjoyed the first Fighting Force on the Play Station. It got pretty mediocre reviews, but it was fun for an afternoon.

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#13 » Wed May 22, 2013 6:37 pm

genny wrote:Has anyone ever tried Fighting Force 2? I don't see that one brought up very much. I actually enjoyed the first Fighting Force on the Play Station. It got pretty mediocre reviews, but it was fun for an afternoon.

That's all well and good, but the problem is that fighting force 2 plays nothing like fighting force 1. They completely change the game up causing even fans of the first game to hate the sequel.
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#14 » Thu May 23, 2013 1:50 am

I'd second EGG as a hidden gem/obscure title. Fighting Force 2 is dog shit and for the Expendables fans it was released on Android (and presumable iOS as well) but I can't attest to whether it's worth playing on touch screen. Those of us with controllers for our phones can play the game flawlessly though.

And Incoming is one of my all time favorite Dreamcast games and the reason the Panther XL is the best peripheral ever made.

genny
rebel

Post#15 » Thu May 23, 2013 11:31 am

Thats a shame about Fighting Force. Glad I never caved and bought it.

jalvarez82
MicroMidget

Post#16 » Sat May 25, 2013 11:42 pm

EGG is very high in my list for wanted DC games right now. Not only do I wanna try it out, but I have this sick feeling in my gut that it might end up being one of those super rare, hard to find, collectable DC games in the future that will fetch outrageous prices.

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#17 » Sat May 25, 2013 11:44 pm

jalvarez82 wrote:EGG is very high in my list for wanted DC games right now. Not only do I wanna try it out, but I have this sick feeling in my gut that it might end up being one of those super rare, hard to find, collectable DC games in the future that will fetch outrageous prices.

Really!? For E.G.G. ???

Idk. But I guess anything is possible.

jalvarez82
MicroMidget

Post#18 » Sat May 25, 2013 11:49 pm

Like I said, man... Just a gut feeling I have.

2D + Dreamcast = usually ends up being rare and collectable. And it's an RPG too?! Watch out!

8-)

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#19 » Sat May 25, 2013 11:53 pm

jalvarez82 wrote:Like I said, man... Just a gut feeling I have.

2D + Dreamcast = usually ends up being rare and collectable. And it's an RPG too?! Watch out!

8-)

But its value hasn't risen considerably nor has it ever even fluxuated at some point.

jalvarez82
MicroMidget

Post#20 » Sat May 25, 2013 11:58 pm

CD AGES wrote:But its value hasn't risen considerably nor has it ever even fluxuated at some point.

Exactly why finding it now for cheap would be a good idea. Don't your agree?

:D :P