VMU archiving project

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
12ariel3
shadow

Re: VMU archiving project

Post#131 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 5:22 pm

thank you for your quickly answer :D

12ariel3
shadow

Post#132 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 6:11 pm

i have downloaded the vmu and copied the file of the Bass Rush Dream in my flycast emulator memory card. but i dont have any points to buy the specials lures. can someone give me a hand about how can i get the specials points from the bass rush minigame?, i searched for a vmu emulator but only encounered elysium emulator, i played the minigame on a vmu screen but it fails. i dont know what to do :c

12ariel3
shadow

Post#133 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:41 pm

i need the vmu minigame points to buy a special lure for this bizarre monster.
Attachments
Bass Rush Dream Bizarre Monster Fish.png
this is the special bizarre monster that i need to catch.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#134 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:44 pm

12ariel3 wrote:i need the vmu minigame points to buy a special lure for this bizarre monster.

:lol:
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

psyphi
noob

Post#135 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:04 am

Fantastic work! I'm especially interested in the Shenmue Goodies VMU animations, and hopefully more of the missing ones can be tracked down in future.

Jinx
Doom

Post#136 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:53 pm

MOTHRADB.gif
MOTHRADB.gif (1.19 KiB) Viewed 1279 times
Mothra Dream Battle

This is a dump of a newly unboxed (sealed) Mothra Dream Battle VMU. As far as I know, this VMU was untouched. Unsure if this was still needed.

Download: https://archive.org/details/mothradb

Hall of Fame
mothra_halloffame.png
mothra_halloffame.png (1.72 KiB) Viewed 1279 times

Physical VMU
IMG_2438.jpg
ImageImage

streeker
fragger

Post#137 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:55 pm

THANK YOU!
Yes, this game in "virgin" condition was still needed. I just tried it and all seems to be fine!
It will definitely replace the old old dump of this game, once I'm going to release ver. 1.1 of the VMU ARCHIVE.

dablais
noob

Post#138 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:20 pm

I'm really interested by this collection. It's probably just me but I can't find version 1.1. Can someone point me to it? Great job by the way!!!

streeker
fragger

Post#139 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:28 pm

Haven't had the time to put together version 1.1 yet. As of now, the only new thing would be the virgin "Mothra Dream Battle" mentioned above. Not sure if this upgrade alone would justify a new version right now...

guardianali
noob

Post#140 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:47 pm

This is awesome. You are doing gods work!