VMU archiving project

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
naiaru
photon blast

Re: VMU archiving project

Post#11 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:21 pm

DREAMFLYER: You can get cards, stamps and postages to download rare stuff and "treasures" that are in the works.
EVE ZERO - ARK OF THE MATTER: You can download and play a shooting game you play in the story.
KITERETSU BOYS'S GANGAGAN: You can download an encyclopedia of successfully sealed "Kotodamashi" and watch it on your VMU (128 blocks).
LET'S MAKE: J-LEAGUE PROFESSIONAL SOCCER CLUB! 1: You can download live data and also trade players with your VMU (40 blocks).
LET'S MAKE: J-LEAGUE PRPFESSIONAL SOCCER CLUB! 2: You can trade players with your VMU.
LET'S MAKE: JAPANESE PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL TEAM!: You can data link with Let's Play version of this and manage the team you've trained.
LET'S MAKE: MORE JAPANESE PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL TEAM!: You can data link with the online version of the Let's Play version of this game and it'll show strategies on your VMU.
LET'S PLAY: JAPANESE PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL TEAM!: You can data link with the Let's Make game, collect player cards and make original characters and trade player cards with your friends or on a public page
MABOROSHI TSUKIYO: Girls whose endings you've completed will act like your alarm clock.
MARIONETTE HANDLER 2: You can trade data on your mechs.
NAKORURU: You can download a "character clock" (40 blocks).
ROOMMANIA #203: You can download the minigame "Mojipuji" (30 blocks).
SAKURA MOMOKO GEKIJOU - KOJIKOJI: You can download "Kojikoji Watch" (80 blocks).
SAKURA TAISEN 3 - IS PARIS BURNING?: You can download the minigame "Pari no Futari" (64 blocks).
SAKURA TAISEN ONLINE - TEITO: You can connect your VMUs and exchange business cards.
SAKURA TAISEN ONLINE - PARIS: You can connect your VMUs and exchange business cards.
TANTEISHINSHI DASH!: You can download the minigame "Minto to Issho" (88 blocks).
WORLD NEVERLAND PLUS 1: You can gather 1-6 people's data and fight.
WORLD NEVERLAND PLUS 2: You can download the minigame "Imuppi" that changes depending on the personality of the Imu user at the time.
YUKAWA SENMU NO OTAKARA SAGASHI: You can download a minigame where you dig a bunch of holes for a high score.

And for the following games I don't really think so...:
CAPCOM VS. SNK 1 - MILLENNIUM FIGHT 2000: You can save original and secret characters to your VMU and use it at the arcade.
D2: Works with the VMU
EL DORADO GATE - VOL.1: You can carry your save data to volume 2 and beyond.
EL DORADO GATE - VOL.2: Your save file is compatible with each volume.
EL DORADO GATE - VOL.3: Your save file is compatible with each volume.
EL DORADO GATE - VOL.4: Your save file is compatible with each volume.
EL DORADO GATE - VOL.5: Your save file is compatible with each volume.
EL DORADO GATE - VOL.6: Your save file is compatible with each volume.
EL DORADO GATE - VOL.7: Your save file is compatible with each volume.
HEISEI MAHJONG-SHOU: With one Dreamcast, you can compete with up to 4 people/CPUs on your Personal Screen Systems (VMU screen?).
LET'S MAKE/LET'S PLAY: JAPANESE PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL TEAM!: The VMU will show information on your pitch when you play the Let's Play version.
NEVER 7 - THE END OF INFINITY: You can download player icons to your VMU and you can also download extra scenarios from the internet.
PROJECT JUSTICE: You can access edited characters made in "Moero! Nekketsu Seishun Nikki" and saved to your VMU at the arcade.
SEAMAN: You can transfer data with your VMU.

Just my 2 cents. Feel free to change it if I got it wrong, missed something, etc.

streeker
fragger

Post#12 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:13 pm

Thanks a ton! That should be pretty helpful, indeed.
Guess I was right about the red games not offering any VMU games. I will see what I can find on the green ones sometime soon.

One thing about YUKAWA SENMU NO OTAKARA SAGASHI: I've tried to translate the text via google, which gives me "the mini-games" instead of "a minigame". The thing is, I've already found ONE corresponding minigame, and was wondering if there should be more of them. Could you please re-check this specific one?

naiaru
photon blast

Post#13 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:44 pm

streeker wrote:Thanks a ton! That should be pretty helpful, indeed.
Guess I was right about the red games not offering any VMU games. I will see what I can find on the green ones sometime soon.

One thing about YUKAWA SENMU NO OTAKARA SAGASHI: I've tried to translate the text via google, which gives me "the mini-games" instead of "a minigame". The thing is, I've already found ONE corresponding minigame, and was wondering if there should be more of them. Could you please re-check this specific one?

I guess there's nothing I see that would tell me explicitly if it's singular or plural. I was just assuming there's only the one minigame since there's only one description, but there could be multiple minigames where you dig holes for a high score, but I'd guess there's just the one if you've only found one.

streeker
fragger

Post#14 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:49 pm

Okay, I've been clicking through the game's menus again, and I'm pretty confident now, there's only one minigame - which is:

Image Yukawa Moto Senmu No Otakara Sagashi: Space Senmu [Minigame]

streeker
fragger

Post#15 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:06 pm

Update:

++ added eleven new items:
Godzilla Generations [Special Edition Mothra VMU]: Mothra Dream Battle [Minigame]

Nakoruru - Ano Hito Kara No Okurimono: Manari - Clock [Clock]
Nakoruru - Ano Hito Kara No Okurimono: Nakoruru - Clock [Clock]
Nakoruru - Ano Hito Kara No Okurimono: Rera - Clock [Clock]
Nakoruru - Ano Hito Kara No Okurimono: Rimururu - Clock [Clock]

Roommania #203: Mojipuchi: Mixed [Minigame]
Roommania #203: Mojipuchi: Animals [Minigame]
Roommania #203: Mojipuchi: English [Minigame]
Roommania #203: Mojipuchi: Food [Minigame]
Roommania #203: Mojipuchi: Places [Minigame]
Roommania #203: Mojipuchi: Roommania [Minigame]
Last edited by streeker on Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

streeker
fragger

Post#16 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:22 am

Update:

++ added six new items:
Sakura Taisen 3: Pari No Futari [Minigame]
Seaman: Seaman - Storage Matrix [Application]
Sengoku Turb - Fanfan I Love Me Dance: Pixel Art - I Love Me [Animation]
Sengoku Turb - Fanfan I Love Me Dance: VM-Chan 1 [Minigame]
Sengoku Turb - Fanfan I Love Me Dance: VM-Chan 2 Matrix [Minigame]
World Neverland Plus 2: Imuppi [Minigame]
Last edited by streeker on Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Impulse
Admin

Post#17 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:42 pm

I just saw this thread. Awesome stuff! If you haven't already acquired or are in need of web space to host these let me know.

Maybe we can find more here: http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/vmu/game/?lg=en&menu=on
-Impulse

streeker
fragger

Post#18 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:39 pm

Update:

++ added nine new items:
Maborosi Tukiyo: Asagiri Ayame - Alarm Clock [Clock]
Maborosi Tukiyo: Asagiri Minami - Alarm Clock [Clock]
Maborosi Tukiyo: Narumi Rio - Alarm Clock [Clock]
Maborosi Tukiyo: Sakagami Hazuki - Alarm Clock [Clock]
Maborosi Tukiyo: Sakagami Miyuki - Alarm Clock [Clock]
Maborosi Tukiyo: Sasagawa Sanae - Alarm Clock [Clock]
Maborosi Tukiyo: Sasagawa Asami - Alarm Clock [Clock]
Maborosi Tukiyo: Mikami Satoru - Alarm Clock [Clock]
Maborosi Tukiyo: Gose Satsuki - Alarm Clock [Clock]
Last edited by streeker on Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

streeker
fragger

Post#19 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:17 pm

You guys, this project needs a little help!
The last few games I have to check for VMU content, namely:

Eve Zero - Ark Of The Matter
J.League Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou! 2 (aka: Let's Make: J.League Professional Soccer Club! 2)
Kiteretsu Shounen's Gangagan (aka: Kiteretsu Boys's Gangagan)
Marionette Handler 2
Sakura Taisen Online - Teito No Nagai Hibi

...aren't circulated widely. If you have any dumps (.gdi, .cdi, .nrg, doesn't matter) of these, or you can point me to some place to download them, PLEASE let me know!!

Alternatively, if anyone has access to this forum: http://www.cngsl.net, that would be of great help - since they're pretty much all there. I failed to register, just because I can't read or type the chinese captcha :(
Last edited by streeker on Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

streeker
fragger

Post#20 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:05 pm

Does anyone know a way to contact "Speud" - author of VMU Tool / Dream Explorer 0.8.5?
His mail address listed on http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/ seems to be inactive by now...