Is there a video tutorial on sd card and games in English ?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Re: Is there a video tutorial on sd card and games in Englis

Post#21 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:45 pm

LOL

hey everynewday84, can you upload the sdiso of quake then ? Because the dciso servers are down, peoples megaupload links of homebrew links got canceled by fbi, and no other sites hosts of sdiso...I'll never figure out how to make my own retail dc iso and I'll doubt they'll work anyway so no point. If you upload that as a zip, I'll appreciate it and TRY to use it on orange one. I'm glad I smashed my blue one. I'll make a video then whether it works or not. That'll be my last attempt at this sd card reader.

Edit : Do you mind uploading it for me ?

Edit : Or pm it to me.

Edit : LOL ooppss Quake III sd iso

So, I just drag it on sd card and it should work ? I'll make a video then.
Last edited by #1phoenixsunsfan on Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Post#22 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:48 pm

Maybe ROD homebrew wasn't a sd iso or ??? but I can't get anything to work. If necessary I'll make video showing all steps of me trying to use it. They say homebrews work correct ? Man, I tried. I'm just got frustrated after looking at blue one and trying and trying but not being able to get it to work, was probably broke anyway so I put it out it's misery. This orange one...it might meet the same fate soon.

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post#23 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:06 pm

Haha don't smash it if you can't figure out how to use it, sell it. Or at least make a video of you raging while smashing it se we can all enjoy it.

I havnt been using a computer since I moved to the city after graduating, so I don't know if or when I'd be able to send any files...

Also, most retailers selling the sd card adapter recommend a specific type of sd card... Are you using the recommended one?
This is a message to you:
Do what you love; Love what you do.

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Post#24 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:21 pm

everynewday84 wrote:Haha don't smash it if you can't figure out how to use it, sell it. Or at least make a video of you raging while smashing it se we can all enjoy it.

LOL, ok I will post a video soon.

I havnt been using a computer since I moved to the city after graduating, so I don't know if or when I'd be able to send any files...

Ok. I'm just bummed the servers are down for all this kind of stuff now.

Also, most retailers selling the sd card adapter recommend a specific type of sd card... Are you using the recommended one?

Yes I believe so, it is the exact one recommended by DC Swat who I guess had a hand in all this.

I have used another one too, but no luck.
Last edited by #1phoenixsunsfan on Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post#25 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:24 pm

The guy who sold me mine told me never to use a card with a capacity higher than 4GB. So I picked up two 2GB cards.
Try a card that is less than 4GB
This is a message to you:
Do what you love; Love what you do.

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Post#26 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:29 pm

Ok, I will put Rhythm of Destruction on my 2gb card again and try.

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Post#27 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:00 pm

Sadly, I just used a 2 gb sandisk (then a 1gb then my other 4gb) and put street fighter vs mortal kombat (homebrew) in and it still don't work. I then put a ip bin and readme file in with it just in case and still nothing. It now views the game but I hit all the buttons and nothing. What do you recommend ?

Is it because it's a iso ? But I thought I could just drag them in as members on other forums said ?

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Post#28 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:33 pm

???

Family Dog
Anarki

Post#29 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:20 pm

Comrade Snarky wrote:You don't need a flashable chip to use the region changer disc. You do need to open up the Dreamcast and wire two points together, though.

Thanks I didn't know this, i'll look into it :) I suppose I shouldn't have assumed this wouldn't work for the same reason the dreamshell install won't work :oops:

djvectorman wrote:Sadly, I just used a 2 gb sandisk (then a 1gb then my other 4gb)...

Is it because it's a iso ? But I thought I could just drag them in as members on other forums said ?

I use a 1gb Sandisk, but the 2gb one should work fine.

I don't know what exactly your trying to do here, but a .cdi is an image file, for it to read the 1ST_READ.bin and 000.dat, they should be within the actual .cdi file. This will not work because it will be reading the 1st_read.bin already within the image.

To make sure it's not something wrong with your SD card reader, wait until theisozone.com is working again, download this small size homebrew game here:
http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/dre ... ase-sdiso/
DON'T try and change any of the files in the image, just put on your SD card, load dreamshell, doubleclick the .cdi file and it should work no problems.

If it doesn't work, there is something wrong with your dreamcast serial port or SD card reader (which is possible since they are home made). If it does work, then the games you are downloading a regular iso's not sdiso's, or you're creating them wrong in iso_make if thats what you have been doing.

Other than that there is no reason in the entire world that this would not be working.
@guacasaurus_mex

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Post#30 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:52 pm

Yes I also have a 1gb Sandisk too. Tried many different kinds with 2 sd readers at 1 point.

What I did was :

1) Just drag homebrew file on sd (I was told that a homebrew would work on it doing that)

2) Didn't work, so I added ip bin and readme with it

3) That didn't work, so I turned the dci into a iso with disc juggler

None of that worked. Maybe the street fighter vs mortal kombat homebrew was corrupted.

Dc Iso servers been down for a month, any chance you can upload that game for me if you have it ?

Also, thank you for helping...