BURNING GAMES ON A MAC

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Re: BURNING GAMES ON A MAC

Post#11 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:39 am

I'm curious if this will work with data/data format games. Can you download one of the ReviveDC releases in the download section and let me know?

marcbwp22
shadow

Post#12 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:58 pm

sure thing. will do when i have some more time to spare. will get back to you asap

marcbwp22
shadow

Post#13 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:00 pm

Just a quick update. I downloaded one of the ReviveDC files and the first problem i encountered was that mac computers don't automatically use/process .7z files so i had to download a program, which was free by the way, to be able to extract the data files. This was called Ez7z 2.12. The only difference besides this was that the file extracted into 2 data files instead of 1 data file and one audio file. The process is the same though as in instead of doing the audio file go straight to the process of mounting disk image and select the first data file (usually data 01) and burn with write session then repeat the process for data 02 but write disk the second time round. I have tested the game (which was Evolution - World of the Sacred Device) and it just wouldn't load up. I don't know whether it is my method that is faulty or what not but i will continue to try when i get more discs and see if i can get my head around it.

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Post#14 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:23 am

marcbwp22 wrote:Just a quick update. I downloaded one of the ReviveDC files and the first problem i encountered was that mac computers don't automatically use/process .7z files so i had to download a program, which was free by the way, to be able to extract the data files. This was called Ez7z 2.12. The only difference besides this was that the file extracted into 2 data files instead of 1 data file and one audio file. The process is the same though as in instead of doing the audio file go straight to the process of mounting disk image and select the first data file (usually data 01) and burn with write session then repeat the process for data 02 but write disk the second time round. I have tested the game (which was Evolution - World of the Sacred Device) and it just wouldn't load up. I don't know whether it is my method that is faulty or what not but i will continue to try when i get more discs and see if i can get my head around it.

Hm, interesting. I ripped that copy of Evolution and tested it, it's definitely working as burned by Disc Juggler. I wonder if it's adding some kind of pre-gap or something. That would screw up the LBA of the boot sector and prevent the game from working.

Traveller
noob

Post#15 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:03 pm

Hey

I know this is an old thread, but I am coming back to burning some DC games after a few years and I can't work out how I used to burn the ReviveDC releases on my Snow Leopard Mac.

I use CDI rip and it spits out two data ISO's. How do I burn those to disk in Toast?

Thanks.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#16 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:45 am

if you used CDIrip, you should end up with an audio file (small) and an iso

you need toast 10 (with multi track option) to do this

put in a blank cd. first, select Audio CD. add the audio file. click the big red button and when the burn settings pop up click on advanced and click on WRITE SESSION ONLY. DO NOT WRITE DISC. when toast finishes burning the audio file it will give you the option to eject or mount the disc. mount it. then when it goes back into Toast, click on the COPY button. Click on multi-track cd-rom xa. click the "select" button and add the .iso file that goes along with the audio file from before.

Click the big red button and go back to the advanced tab and click on write disc.
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Traveller
noob

Post#17 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:37 am

mazonemayu wrote:if you used CDIrip, you should end up with an audio file (small) and an iso

you need toast 10 (with multi track option) to do this

put in a blank cd. first, select Audio CD. add the audio file. click the big red button and when the burn settings pop up click on advanced and click on WRITE SESSION ONLY. DO NOT WRITE DISC. when toast finishes burning the audio file it will give you the option to eject or mount the disc. mount it. then when it goes back into Toast, click on the COPY button. Click on multi-track cd-rom xa. click the "select" button and add the .iso file that goes along with the audio file from before.

Click the big red button and go back to the advanced tab and click on write disc.

No CDI rip is outputting two ISO files, one small and one large. I'm not getting the audio file from it.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#18 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:39 am

Try this tut think you can use uh.. LiquidCD?

Merry burning