King of Fighters Break Down

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: King of Fighters Break Down

Post#51 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:04 pm

New version of ngpc I'm doing running on dreamcast king of fighters round 2 :) Cant forget SNK's held held :)

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#52 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:27 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:New version of ngpc I'm doing running on dreamcast king of fighters round 2 :) Cant forget SNK's held held :)

It was really cool the stuff the link cable did. I just looked it up. You could transfer progress between games https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ngpc/916527-neo-geo-pocket-color/faqs/8656

beanboy
Wazza

Post#53 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:58 pm

KOF 98 aka dream match is really nice.
That last boss called Rugal is cheap though. :lol:

DaiNew
undertow

Post#54 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:30 am

I've got an MVS cabinet in my garage but I've never managed to buy a KOF MVS cart... Haven't played any of them on the Dreamcast either. Which KOF game would you suggest for a newbie?

beanboy
Wazza

Post#55 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:56 am

DaiNew wrote:I've got an MVS cabinet in my garage but I've never managed to buy a KOF MVS cart... Haven't played any of them on the Dreamcast either. Which KOF game would you suggest for a newbie?

For a newbie, try out King of Fighters dream match on dreamcast, which is also known as KOF 98 in the arcades.

DaiNew
undertow

Post#56 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:38 am

beanboy wrote:
DaiNew wrote:I've got an MVS cabinet in my garage but I've never managed to buy a KOF MVS cart... Haven't played any of them on the Dreamcast either. Which KOF game would you suggest for a newbie?

For a newbie, try out King of Fighters dream match on dreamcast, which is also known as KOF 98 in the arcades.
Thanks Beanboy - will give them a crack and let you know how I get on

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#57 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:26 pm

If you've played other snk fighters, I'd get the KOF that has the most of your favorite characters in it. I know I hold a special place for KOF96 because its the only one on the neogeo with Geese, Mr Big, and Wolfgang Krauser in it. The later ones tend to have smoother animations and have smoother gameplay though.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#58 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:53 pm

Yeah true.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#59 » Mon May 10, 2021 6:12 pm

I've heard alot people say, that Terry Bogard sucks in KOF 2002, in comparison to the previous games. :?

fraggle200
chill

Post#60 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:30 am

dark wrote:They are all different games. Many of them have the same characters, drawn in the same style (sometimes with just minor alterations), with mostly the same moves between games.

KOF DreamMatch is basically KOF98 with 3d backgrounds
and Kof Evolution is KOF99 with 3d backgrounds

So in short, the kof releases on DC are:
KOF98
KOF99
KOF2000
KOF2001
KOF2002

These are all different games.

98 and 2002 are "dream matches" where there is no over arching story and it is just a bunch of characters together in the game who maybe otherwise wouldn't fit together via the KOF story at the time. 99, 2000, and 2001 have stories.

Well every day's a school day. I had just thought the Western releases were just ports of the Japanese ones.