Carrier Bug???

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Carrier Bug???

Post by BrianC »

Hi all, I noticed a few people talking about playing through Carrier recently on the site so I decided to give it a go! I'm loving it so far but I've just hit a nasty bug. I get sent to wireframe ultra no clipping alternate dark world whenever I open a certain door. I do have a retail copy and this bug has been noted on the wikipedia page for Carrier but with no directions on how to avoid it. Has anyone encountered this and if so how did you get around it? I'm going to try the door for the third time now and it is necessary that I take this particular door/portal to hell.

Neohound
Gold Lion

Re: Carrier Bug???

Post by Neohound »

Is it the US version ? I've played through the PAL version a couple of times and never come across such a thing. I'm also the sort of gamer who has to open every door and explore each area before I progress !!

Shame you can't upload a vid...

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Post by BrianC »

I turned it back on and the problem was gone! I had been playing about 6 hours straight so maybe the game just said fuck it I'm tired haha. I youtubed it and couldn't find it either so I really wish I had taken a picture. It functions a lot like a noclip mode since you can see yourself running across the map with no boundaries, only there is no floor either so you are somewhere completely off the map :D . If it happens again I'm getting the phone camera out!

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post by Neohound »

BrianC wrote:I turned it back on and the problem was gone! I had been playing about 6 hours straight so maybe the game just said fuck it I'm tired haha. I youtubed it and couldn't find it either so I really wish I had taken a picture. It functions a lot like a noclip mode since you can see yourself running across the map with no boundaries, only there is no floor either so you are somewhere completely off the map :D . If it happens again I'm getting the phone camera out!
Can we all have the phone number of your dealer please ?