ChuChu Rocket trademark re-registered by Sega

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
TheCoolinator
Vagabond

ChuChu Rocket trademark re-registered by Sega

Post#1 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:26 am

http://www.siliconera.com/2008/12/31/se ... rademarks/

Seriously Sega, What’s With All These Dreamcast Trademarks?
By Spencer . December 31, 2008 . 3:31am

On one hand Sega has been moving forward with new franchises like Valkyria Chronicles and Sands of Destruction. On the other, well at least in the USA, Sega seems interested in their past.

In another Sega trademark search we discovered ChuChu Rocket was re-registered by Sega USA on December 22, 2008. Does this mean Sega is secretly working on reviving ChuChu Rocket as an online enabled Xbox Live Arcade game? Hopefully yes, but not necessarily.

This year Sega has re-registered lots names for Dreamcast titles like Sonic Shuffle, Cosmic Smash, Jet Grind Radio, and Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram. Like we mentioned before these are probably protective trademarks, but it is strange to see Sega spend money, and registering trademarks costs quite a bit of money, to protect so many game names. Interestingly, in the case of ChuChu Rocket the previous trademark isn’t even expired. So why would Sega spend all of this money to protect names of games that aren’t even their hot properties? Is Sega going to pull a Nintendo with a “New Play Control” series of their own?

They are so planning something......I just don't know what. Reworks for the next gen' consoles or you know what :D
"Gaps do not get filled by ignoring them"

"Well, see these men follow no man but me......and I follow no man at all."

http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspot.com/

TheCoolinator
Vagabond

Re: ChuChu Rocket trademark re-registered by Sega

Post#2 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:06 pm

:oops: Waiting for a reply people! I am very excited about this thread.
"Gaps do not get filled by ignoring them"

"Well, see these men follow no man but me......and I follow no man at all."

http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspot.com/

Hobofreak
Sasquatch

Post#3 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:22 pm

Maybe Sega is planning on making a Dreamcast Collection like the Genesis Collection game they made.

PSO Character
Name: Taz
Level: 26
Type: HUcast
ID: BLUEFULL
Version: 2

Hobofreak
Sasquatch

Post#4 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:31 pm

It also may come out on the virtual console for wii or xbox live arcade.

PSO Character
Name: Taz
Level: 26
Type: HUcast
ID: BLUEFULL
Version: 2

DC_Tman
fragger

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:43 am

They are definitely doing something. It could be any number of things. Maybe they are making a sort of "Dreamcast: Greatest Hits" game for the 360. Or, it could go the other way, and they are making a..... um..... you know what.
Disciple of the Ultimate Gaming System

leox001
lithium

Post#6 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:22 pm

TheCoolinator wrote:.. or you know what :D

:| .... :shock: :o :D

oh man that touched me

Radkin
PSOaholic

Post#7 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:25 pm

A you know what would be cool. 8-)
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#8 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:01 pm

my guess is this is related to the hand held version of chu chu. my best guess is we are going to see a DS upgrade with wifi support. and maybe a wii download of the game.

leox001
lithium

Post#9 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:07 pm

Gary_b wrote:my guess is this is related to the hand held version of chu chu. my best guess is we are going to see a DS upgrade with wifi support. and maybe a wii download of the game.

:| .... :? ... :(

oh that's not what WE want

DC_Tman
fragger

Post#10 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:50 am

Gary_b wrote:my guess is this is related to the hand held version of chu chu. my best guess is we are going to see a DS upgrade with wifi support. and maybe a wii download of the game.

This wouldn't surprise me. Just like with Samba De Amigo. And if they can put Guitar Hero on the DS, then they can put anything on it.
Disciple of the Ultimate Gaming System