November Game Contest - Soul Caliber

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
DC_Tman
fragger

Re: November Game Contest - Soul Caliber

Post#21 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:37 pm

Oh, and sometimes an Inferno pops in there, and really throws me off. :D
Disciple of the Ultimate Gaming System

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#22 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:41 pm

DC_Tman wrote:Right now I'm working on it, plan to do it all night if I have to. So far I've gotten up to 17.

I wish you could pause the game in survival though. That would be so much easier.

god i know what ya mean. i have gotten to 49 or 50. its a pain in the ass not being able to pause it. sometimes ya got to go do something. and you cant cuz you will lose. it takes a while to score that high. so you don't want to just quit either.

DC_Tman
fragger

Post#23 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:08 pm

I know....
I'm gonna rest for a while, the highest I've gotten is 32. God it gets really hard! Inferno and Cervantes are beasts!!!

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#24 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:13 am

its almost time to start voting in next months game. with all the releases of pal v2 pso we can now move forward with a battle match.

so far we have had a arcade driving game and a fighter. whats next? if we hadn't just did crazy taxi i would suggest a racer. hydro thunder would be a good one. pick a track and go for the best time.

perhaps a shooter? red dog anyone? alien front online could be interesting.

maybe some tony hawk pro skater 1 or 2. go for a high score. it could be a problem though. we would have to allow any course with any skater with his stats maxed and all cheats off. i think i would kick ass at THPS2 :D

what game/s do you guys think we should play next month?

TheCoolinator
Vagabond

Post#25 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:39 pm

I got a question about Soul Calibur and wanted to know if anyone has this problem.

When you guys start a battle does you DC start squeaking like crazy almost like its non-stop reading?

Just wanted to know if I can do anything about that. Its the only game in my collection that does that.

Thanks in advance.
"Gaps do not get filled by ignoring them"

"Well, see these men follow no man but me......and I follow no man at all."

http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspot.com/

K_I_R_E_E_K

Post#26 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:44 pm

It's the music, no way to avoid that, the dreamcast keeps reading the music even when the volume is 0.

characther exibition doesn't have any music, therefore your dreamcast won't do the constant reading.

TheCoolinator
Vagabond

Post#27 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:15 pm

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:It's the music, no way to avoid that, the dreamcast keeps reading the music even when the volume is 0.

characther exibition doesn't have any music, therefore your dreamcast won't do the constant reading.

ohhhh! and the whole time I thought its because the disc is a little worn.

Thanks bro. I love this message board

:D (high five)

DC_Tman
fragger

Post#28 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:29 pm

The closest I've gotten is about 32 wins. It's really hard! But now that it's Friday, I've got all weekend to work on it. :D

K_I_R_E_E_K

Post#29 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:36 pm

I will also try harded, siegfried seems very good in the beguining, but later i have a hard time doing what i want.

TheCoolinator
Vagabond

Post#30 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:21 am

If I were you guys I would start with Maxi, Sigfried, or Mitsurugi

Those guys are great start up characters.