Attention Dreamcast-ers! I have found evidence of sabotage

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
TheCoolinator
Vagabond

Attention Dreamcast-ers! I have found evidence of sabotage

Post#1 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:48 am

Quotes from Gamespot.com

"_Burly_
mediocre There's just not enough content to keep this fast paced shooter from getting stale and repetitive. Continue »

maximummaker
mediocre There's just not enough content to keep this fast paced shooter from getting stale and repetitive. Continue »
"

Above are two identical quotes from two seemingly different reviews done by gamers on the title "Expendable" for the DC.

We all know that sony paid mega-bucks to keep Half-Life from coming out on Dreamcast and now as I rummage through the historical documents regarding my great and beloved console I see that there may have been outright Sabotage by their competitors.

This is nothing new in the corporate world about using dirty tricks but if people were not looking closely enough it may have slipped by a few people.

I think that there may have been some purposely critical reviews orchestrated by certain websites. Paid off by SONY!

I accuse you Sony of hyping up your peice of crap PS2 and coming out with nothing memorable! I accuse you Sony of being saboteur!

Viva La Dreamcast!
"Gaps do not get filled by ignoring them"

"Well, see these men follow no man but me......and I follow no man at all."

http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspot.com/

Impulse
Admin

Re: Attention Dreamcast-ers! I have found evidence of sabotage

Post#2 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:38 pm

Good find. Yea,h I don't doubt that "someone" paid off "someone" to post bad reviews. It happens when competition for business is involved of course. If Sega could have caught on to this or if there was a bigger case of it, they probably could've had a lawsuit.
-Impulse

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#3 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:48 pm

Well, we all know that Sony plays dirty. I actually have to talk to them twice a year because this is the dark side of my business (I'm an A/V Systems Engineer). I cannot state publicly what is said, but I can tell you that it is difficult for them to really care about anyone. They do not commit to anything it seems other than the PSX systems.

They came out with a Videoconferencing Codec (VTC) and then abandoned everyone in about 2 years. Betamax, 8-mm, Betacam, U-matic and DAT are some of their innovations that they did nothing for other than "look, we have this; we're superior!"

I am surprised that they won the Blu-Ray vs. HD-DVD battle.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

TheCoolinator
Vagabond

Post#4 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:16 am

Sony = The Devil :evil:

I was looking through my PS2 collection yesterday and 6 out of the 12 games I have are terrible. I have over 20 DC games and all of which are good.

It speaks for itself.
"Gaps do not get filled by ignoring them"

"Well, see these men follow no man but me......and I follow no man at all."

http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspot.com/