Post your setups

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Neohound
Gold Lion

Re: Post your setups

Post#51 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:00 pm

Favrenation wrote:There meant to be played on VGA adapter at 480p. CRT Tv's can't play that. LCD Plasma can.

My 32" CRT has VGA input ;)

But yeah it's rare :)

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#52 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:29 am

you're nuts, recent hdtvs don't leave any of that shit; I've been playing my dc on a samsung for over a year now & its the best choice I ever made
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

AdamKoralik
Sunday Shootout

Post#53 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:37 am

mazonemayu wrote:you're nuts, recent hdtvs don't leave any of that shit; I've been playing my dc on a samsung for over a year now & its the best choice I ever made

Damn right.

Jussum0ne
rebel

Post#54 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:35 am

Sweet stuff.. I'll post my setup asap as well.

Oh yes, DC @ my LCD isn't bad... I don't see the problem really...

Barrys_Bapz
killer

Post#55 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:31 am

Basic :D and Image
Attachments
21955_106159096062474_100000051513374_159294_8016553_n.jpg
THIS IS HOW IT ALWAYS ENDS

Siku
dark night

Post#56 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:14 pm

My Console Setup :

Computer/Dreamcast Area :

Purchased a 47'' LG LCD with my tax return money last tax session and couldn't part way with my old 32" Samsung LCD so I made it my computer monitor lol. That and I constantly have company over so it doubles as another area for consoles whenever company is over.

I need to get a VGA cable for the dreamcast, still using the A/V cable at the moment.
--> My YouTube - PSO Texture Edits * PSO Character : Siku (HUmar, Skyly) Lvl 116 *

Macabre
Feet of Fury

Post#57 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:18 pm

Barrys_Bapz wrote:Basic :D and Image

Sideways monitor for best shmup experience :mrgreen:
PSO Dreamcast BBA ftw @ Dreamcast-Talk.com
~ Macabre! Redria HUcast
~ Lust Purplenum RAcaseal
~Sega Trade List!~
vid's coming soon~

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#58 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:51 pm

its not intended to be smacked, maybe you should learn control ;)
+ you'll never know how good dreamcast can look then
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#59 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:03 pm

segadreamcastlover wrote:i dont know that the hell i so big about flat screen tv, they are but ugly and look like a picture frame that has moving pictures, yuck :| i love my crt tv to death and i will never buy a lcd, plasma, led or any flatscreen ever, they are stupid and break down quickly, plus i want a durable tv, the screens on the new tvs break easily if you smack it or hit it, glass dosnt
i'm fairly sure that you meant flat panel, i have a flat screen CRT that is in HD. flat screen just means that the screen is flat and not rounded like the older CRT's. if i buy a new flat panel it will be to save space. otherwise I'm gonna cling to my CRT as well. :twisted:

Siku
dark night

Post#60 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:17 pm

segadreamcastlover wrote:i still hate both, lcd leaves motion fragments/tracks when the picture is moving fast, and plasmas tend to get burn in, its also been proven that the crt tvs have a longer life span

The motion fragments you speak of are non existent now in 120hz LCDs. And the "Tracks" your probably seeing are most likely because the current resolution on the LCD was probably interlaced. Alot of the 720p LCDs can only display 1080i not progressive.

The only two things CRT has nowadays on the newer TVs out is as you said longer lifespan and anti-wii controller dumbasses shielding lol. Color and Lag are no longer a factor.

I do admit anything SD looks awful on a LCD that's simply because your trying to display something well below the native resolution. CRTs don't have a native resolution. And the biggest reason older consoles look better on CRTs is because of the natural Anti-aliasing/blur that comes along with any old TV. If you have a console or PC that can produce anti-aliasing you can easily emulate it.

I can understand having a CRT over a LCD for playing the older consoles, but if that's what is holding you back from playing newer consoles or watching anything in HD, then you are seriously missing out.

Sadly, you are eventually going to need to switch over. They may have a long lifespan but will not last forever and are a dying breed, especially because of the energy consumption and mercury in them. Enjoy it while it lasts. :(
--> My YouTube - PSO Texture Edits * PSO Character : Siku (HUmar, Skyly) Lvl 116 *

Return to “Lounge”