Post your setups

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Re: Post your setups

Post#541 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:27 pm

i may post pics later, but i have a 50 inch 4k hisence tv....only $300 btw, set up in living room with my sega sports dc connected through vga through hdmi upscaler/passthrough as well as xbox 360,xbox one, ps4, and wii u all connected to that tv....i have some wooden crates i use to house the consoles in sitting beside the entertainment center. in the family room i have an old 36 inch RCA standard def tv wifh the original xbox, gamecube, ps1, ps2 slim, and a toploader NES all connected.

in my bedroom i have my snes and ps3 superslim connected to a 20 inch emerson..i think...need to double check that one....the snes is connected with s-video which looks beautiful. in our guest bedroom an original white wii is connected and in my kids room is a black wii...that didnt sound right...anyway thats about it...

Wilco
lithium

Post#542 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:50 pm

So this is my bad boy set up.

Samsung LE26R73BD. disappointingly only 1080i and 720p through HD port, but makes up for it by having VGA, S-Video, two SCART inputs and component. S-Video is pretty rare on a PAL tv so happy to have it for non-VGA compatible Dreamcast games.

Left to right:
Dreamcast with VGA box
Raspberry pi (obvs)
Megadrive 2
Tim Worthington RGB mod N64 with deblur switch.
Gamecube via composhit (for now)
PS2 viaRGB
Saturn via RGB
Xbox 360 via HD
OG XBOX via Component
Gameboy colour hanging out on the desk :D

All RGB cables from retrogamingcables.co.uk

Just waiting to get my OSSC.
Kid With The Play

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#543 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:03 pm

what happened to my post.. ?

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#544 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:31 pm

Did a small update on the ol' setup today

We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Padre
photon blast

Post#545 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:29 pm

[attachment=1]Screenshot_2017-04-30-14-44-23.png[/attachment]Here's a Dreamcast in my kitchen food pantry... the Doc's wireless controllers work well with this setup actually, I seldom change the game here from Qbert, once in a while I'll play light gun games on it... [attachment=0]Screenshot_2017-04-30-20-23-51.png[/attachment]
Attachments
Screenshot_2017-04-30-20-23-51.png
Screenshot_2017-04-30-14-44-23.png

Stewcumber
rebel

Post#546 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:40 pm

This is my setup, I like to keep it simple. I like having the decent speakers and high quality image on my monitor! I use VGA for most things; for games that don't support this I have an proper SCART cable for the other TV.

Wilco
lithium

Post#547 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:27 am

I like that a lot.
Kid With The Play

K0rN b4LL
fire

Post#548 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:25 am

You can't see it but behind the tv to the right I have a Framemeister that the DC and N64 are running through. Tv has a component input so the rest are plugged straight into the tv.

krssn
Metallic

Post#549 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:44 am

K0rN b4LL wrote:You can't see it...

Nope, because someone didn't get the Photobucket memo... :lol:

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#550 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:09 pm

Yup ditch Photobucket . Your shit ain't shareable no more only for a high price

Return to “Lounge”