Contest?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42

Poll: What game should we use for the first contest?

Sonic Adventure(1,2)
21%
Quake III Arena
16%
4x4 Evo.
No votes
Starlancer
11%
Sega Swirl
No votes
Crazy Taxi
32%
Other...
21%
Total votes: 19

Radkin
PSOaholic

Re: Contest?

Post#31 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:28 pm

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:Can that game be played online?

If not and we have to do some sort of offline competition then i hope i don't get 2 bots to fight against (since they have god like aim)

Unreal Tournament? That game can only be played online through PC...sadly. :cry:
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

Impulse
Admin

Post#32 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:48 am

We've been thinking about including a donation system for this contest that will allow us to incorporate better prizes. Tangible items such as Dreamcast accessories or games, etc.

I'm trying to think of a fair way to incorporate this. I want it to be voluntary because not everyone can or wants to donate. But at the same time it would not be fair for someone that donated to not get anything in return. Example, x user donates a couple dollars and he or she does not win or place in the contest and a user that did not donate wins.

The first month will not include this part. We will see how the first contest goes and then we can start doing more.

Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.
-Impulse

K_I_R_E_E_K

Post#33 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:13 pm

I can say now that i won't donate anything, i will compete in the games i can if alowed. (online ones i won't compete)

Let's see other ppl's opinions.

Radkin
PSOaholic

Post#34 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:31 pm

smith wrote:I will donate a Gran Turismo 2 Bleem! disc and Nights Demo for Sega Saturn

That would be cool. {Impulse, your thought?}
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

max4242
dirty sailor

Post#35 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:44 pm

Ive been in a contest were we played a new shump every week and they would announce the game on friday night and you have have 2 hours to get the best score you can and take a picture of your screen with the score.
Pso- max (schthack)
4x4- max4242
Quake 3 - maxkill42
Starlancer - maxkill

PM any time you want to play!

Impulse
Admin

Post#36 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:46 pm

All good ideas, guys.

Kireek, Yes of course you are allowed to compete, you don't have to donate and I believe our first game will not be online.

Smith, that would be great if you would like to donate those items to the contest. PM me for details. Anyone else may do the same. I might be able to come up with some items too.

Max, that is a cool idea. But since most people here don't own multiple shmps, we are going to keep it simple and to one game a month I believe. That way it's not a rush contest and people can take their time to participate. If it was every week we wouldn't be bale to offer any prizes besides meaningless certificates lol. And they would be too common.

I'm a little behind here, since it's already Oct. 1 and we haven't picked a game yet. I would say Crazy taxi 1 will be our first contest for October. For the first one, no prizes of monetary value will be given yet. We can incorporate better prizes in the months to come, after we get used to the way we do this.

I hate to recommend this but, if you don't own crazy taxi, download it ;) . I would really like to see as many people as possible participate in this to make it more interesting.

If anyone does not have any major objections to crazy taxi, I will make an official post about the contest at the end of tonight and include the instructions and rules, etc.
-Impulse

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#37 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:34 am

Crazy taxi sounds cool for the first game.

as for donations, items as well as money could be good. but if we wanted to do this each month, that might not work out so well. its hard to see people giving enough each month.

Return to “Lounge”