Codebreaker all cheats save file available to download *UPDATED 2024-01-28*

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
DreamState
blackout!

Re: Codebreaker all cheats save file available to download *UPDATED 2024-01-28*

Post#41 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:40 am

Very concise, thankyou. Initially when I heard Dream Passport and stuff I thought it might have been a complicated process. I will try this later cheers!

DreamState
blackout!

Post#42 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:37 am

@op I loaded up the file. It’s great but still disappointed with the PSOv2 codes, there’s no item in slot 1 code which is probably one of the most used as it’s creates custom items. Is there any way at all of lowering the number of blocks so we can fit other save files on the same vmu? Will deleting some games codes free up space?

retrofan01
shadow

Post#43 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:42 am

Yes deleting codes should free up space - I'd suggest deleting the Sega Smash Pack Vol. 1 codes as there are more codes for those games than any other.

I've never played PSO before but I've deliberately not added any item modifier codes because each item has its own hex value and you'd need a different cheat code for each item. With dozens (or hundreds?) of items available, there's no way you could fit all of the codes on a VMU. You're best using Codebreaker to tailor the file to your own needs.

DreamState
blackout!

Post#44 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:37 pm

Does anyone here have an absolutely foolproof way of compiling codes and saving properly on codebreaker?

I’ve been making my own save file purely for PSOv2 related stuff. Using an original VMU in slot 1 with no other controllers or vmus plugged in. Everytime I input a bunch of codes and save and then when I boot back in to codebreaker, I get codes wiped off with jibberish code. It affects the save file and unless I make backups of my progress it’s impossible to compile my own without great frustration.

Is there any way at all around this? How do you guys manage to compile your FCDCHEAT files so easily? Any help would be most valuable as I’m trying to make resources for the community in the form of codes on tap as well.

@Retrofan1 I’d appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction to doing this, maybe you have some tools that I don’t have that I need to be able to do this.

JaseRPG
noob

Post#45 » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:17 pm

This is such great work. Good job. Thanks so much!

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#46 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:26 am

DreamState wrote:Does anyone here have an absolutely foolproof way of compiling codes and saving properly on codebreaker?

I’ve been making my own save file purely for PSOv2 related stuff. Using an original VMU in slot 1 with no other controllers or vmus plugged in. Everytime I input a bunch of codes and save and then when I boot back in to codebreaker, I get codes wiped off with jibberish code. It affects the save file and unless I make backups of my progress it’s impossible to compile my own without great frustration.

Is there any way at all around this? How do you guys manage to compile your FCDCHEAT files so easily? Any help would be most valuable as I’m trying to make resources for the community in the form of codes on tap as well.

@Retrofan1 I’d appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction to doing this, maybe you have some tools that I don’t have that I need to be able to do this.

As you mentioned it being PSOv2 related stuff, IIRC PSO is pretty agressive against codebreaker cheats. You can't have a PSO save file on the same VMU as your codebreaker file. Also I think after you input your codes/save, you need to remove the codebreaker VMU before booting into PSO / inserting a VMU with your character file it. Otherwise you risk corrupting your codebreaker savefile.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#47 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:34 am

Nico0020 wrote:
DreamState wrote:Does anyone here have an absolutely foolproof way of compiling codes and saving properly on codebreaker?

As you mentioned it being PSOv2 related stuff, IIRC PSO is pretty agressive against codebreaker cheats. You can't have a PSO save file on the same VMU as your codebreaker file. Also I think after you input your codes/save, you need to remove the codebreaker VMU before booting into PSO / inserting a VMU with your character file it. Otherwise you risk corrupting your codebreaker savefile.

:shock: :lol:
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

megavolt85
Developer

Post#48 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:06 pm

retrofan01 wrote:You're best using Codebreaker to tailor the file to your own needs.

i'm can use your cheat list for openmenu?

retrofan01
shadow

Post#49 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:26 pm

megavolt85 wrote:
retrofan01 wrote:You're best using Codebreaker to tailor the file to your own needs.

i'm can use your cheat list for openmenu?

I don't have a GDEMU to test this unfortunately, I have a MODE in my Dreamcast.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#50 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:41 pm

retrofan01 wrote:I don't have a GDEMU to test this unfortunately, I have a MODE in my Dreamcast.

I added your file of cheat codes to openmenu, do you mind this?