Codebreaker all cheats save file available to download *UPDATED 2024-01-28*

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
FloDoc
shadow

Re: Codebreaker all cheats save file available to download *UPDATED 2024-01-28*

Post#31 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:49 pm

I move the files around with RetroDream and I haven't had any issues. The only time I notice problems is if there is anything else on the memory card. So I recommend taking the memory card that you intend to use with the save, formatting it with Dream Explorer, then transferring the FCDCHEAT file. If that doesn't work, then I'm not sure what else the problem could be.

DreamState
blackout!

Post#32 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:19 pm

@ the op, is their any chance we can get a file made that will just transfer right onto the VMU using Dream Explorer/VMU Manager?

ateam
Animated Violence

Post#33 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:13 pm

This is an English language Dream Passport browser that will allow you to download the VMI/VMS directly to your VMU.

I haven't tested it on real hardware yet, so hopefully someone else here will. Should have no issues for those burning to disc, just enable overburn (it's padded).

CodeBreaker VMU Downloader (v1.0).cdi
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1VF_u4ttfK5pnUTEHYUghEQf8vmMiT6JH
Last edited by ateam on Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

DreamState
blackout!

Post#34 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:28 pm

I’m not interested in discs, I use GDEmu. So what exactly is this?

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#35 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:39 pm

This is an English language Dream Passport browser that will allow you to download the VMI/VMS directly to your VMU.

DreamState
blackout!

Post#36 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:42 am

Yeah, thanks for that. I read it the first time. What exactly I meant was how do I set this up? Is it easy? Is there a guide?

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#37 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:45 am

ateam wrote:This is an English language Dream Passport browser that will allow you to download the VMI/VMS directly to your VMU.

I haven't tested it on real hardware yet, so hopefully someone else here will. Should have no issues for those burning to disc, just enable overburn (it's padded).

CodeBreaker VMU Downloader.cdi
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1VF_u4ttfK5pnUTEHYUghEQf8vmMiT6JH

The answer man comes through again! 8-)
Last edited by MoeFoh on Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#38 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:47 am

@op - heads up - the v1.2 of the zip does not include the Readme.txt file that was in v1.1.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

retrofan01
shadow

Post#39 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:33 am

MoeFoh wrote:@op - heads up - the v1.2 of the zip does not include the Readme.txt file that was in v1.1.

That's fixed now, thanks.

ateam
Animated Violence

Post#40 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:15 am

DreamState wrote:I’m not interested in discs, I use GDEmu. So what exactly is this?

:lol: GDEMU supports CDI disc images. You can add it to your SD card just like a GDI. I only provided the image in CDI format so that it'd be universally compatible across ODE users and those burning to disc.

Launch the disc image from the GDmenu (or openMenu, if that's what you're using), and it will present a screen like this:

Simply click the link using your controller and you'll be prompted to select the VMU onto which the save file should be written.

That said, I didn't realize retrofan01 had updated since I originally downloaded his 1.0 ZIP. Here's a new CDI, updated to the latest v1.2 release.

CodeBreaker VMU Downloader (v1.2).cdi
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1OCdJO3-Sz-RkUxnKRxJQvANihbF67laP
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam