Which controller do you use with Dreamcast most of all?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Treamcaster
fire

Re: Which controller do you use with Dreamcast most of all?

Post#11 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:29 pm

megavolt85 wrote:oem wired and game cube contrller via adapter

I wonder if it could be possible to use the GC ASCII keyboard controller on the Dreamcast with such adapter?! Is it possible to remap buttons?

megavolt85
Developer

Post#12 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:05 pm

Treamcaster wrote:I wonder if it could be possible to use the GC ASCII keyboard controller on the Dreamcast with such adapter?!

no, only standard controller is supported

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#13 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:18 pm

The most used and perfect DC system combo:

Sega Arcade Stick + Beer Can

;-)
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#14 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:17 pm

Japanese skeleton clear controller or ASCII FT Pad

+ Beer can as well :lol: :)

Snake79
lithium

Post#15 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 6:00 pm

For most games I fluctuate between an OEM controller with extension (I sit about 9-10 feet from the screen), a Retro Fighters Striker DC controller and the Dreamconn+.

I really like the Dreamconn+ but I have to charge it before every use as it doesn't hold a charge for very long. If you leave it for a few days and try to use it, it won't connect. But having no cable trailing across the floor is great. Having internal memory is also a nice addition but you won't have the display of the VMU if you do.

The Retro Fighters Sticker DC is the most comfortable in the hand but has weaker resistance on the analogue stick and triggers which makes it feel cheaper and less accurate in some ways. VMUs can be tricky to slot in as the fit is a little tighter than on an OEM controller.

The OEM controller just works no matter what but it's not the most comfortable for longer sessions and I have to use an extension. The thumb can slip on the analogue stick when fast movement is needed which can be annoying.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#16 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:18 pm

I hammer awey on my Sega Sports remote in PSO. Never feels no less than new

redjeff76
Anarki

Post#17 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:43 pm

I use the OEM controller with controller extension cords (cost about $9.99 for 2). I have yet to find anything better. I'd love a good wireless option. I too, sit about 10 feet away from my Dreamcast, which is on a shelving unit. But as others have said, the Dreamconn for over $200 has too many negative's.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#18 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:21 am

Official arcade stick
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

IdahoChip
noob

Post#19 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:22 am

I use a homemade arcade stick list of the time. It uses a Mad Catz six button controller’s board as the interface. This allows games that see the official arcade stick as incompatible to still work. I also have the option to map the joystick to the analog stick instead of the D-Pad. I rarely use that option, but for a few games it comes in handy.

Moosyin
rebel

Post#20 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:30 pm

Mostly the pink Sakura wars controller or the wood controller for Seaman.