Do You Guys Have any Ideas for Game Pickups for my 1st ever DC? (I'm saving up for one From Ebay)

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
DB128theSA1n2Fan
shadow

Do You Guys Have any Ideas for Game Pickups for my 1st ever DC? (I'm saving up for one From Ebay)

Post#1 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:08 pm

I Need some ideas for some Dreamcast Games for my DC im saving up for

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Do You Guys Have any Ideas for Game Pickups for my 1st ever DC? (I'm saving up for one From Ebay)

Post#2 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:21 pm

Check out the 3 retail Bleem disce.

You can run Gran Turismo 2, Metal Gear Solid, and Tekken 3 all with upresed to 480p, bilinear filtering, and saves fully working with a dedicated VMU. You could even burn backup PSX copies of those games to work with the retail release since the copy protection was Sony code so could not legally be included. But you could also buy the legit discs if you are into collecting.I should also add DC can run games on backup CDR but not all data n larger games fit sometimes since the official disc the GDR was 1.1gb in size so some stuff like audio and FMV's got downsampled in many cases to fit.

Shenmue 1 and 2 can really show off the capabilities of the system though if you want to see how far it can go graphically.

DB128theSA1n2Fan
shadow

Re: Do You Guys Have any Ideas for Game Pickups for my 1st ever DC? (I'm saving up for one From Ebay)

Post#3 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:24 pm

But can it run CTR?

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:52 pm

The retail ones no, but a Beta release of the emulator was made but it was only about 30% complete at time of leak,

Anyways here is how CTR looks on Bleem on a Dreamcast with hardware accelerated rendering. Bleem beta games can run perfectly in the case of Ridge Racer 1, or like this have little or a lot of problems depending on the game. Saves, FMC's and some other little problems might be apparent, but still seeing PSX games run with hardware rendering is something that Sony never cared to make even PS3 do with PSX games.

If you have a GDEMU optical drive emulator, you could use a special Bleem bootloadeer menu called Bleemshell which even remaps missing controls on the DC pad, and gives D-pad to analog stick, and makes D-pad as L1 and R1 as well as Up button for Select. so in some ways, Bleem beta can be improved to give more games proper controls which would normally be missing. Not realty doable without that menu and device.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=12026

Here is what Bllmshell menu looks like.