Cool website....

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
GPWASR10
dark night

Cool website....

Post#1 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:28 am

...and seems pretty new and active. Glad to see I am not the only one who digs that old skool DC. I bought mine about a year ago, and it sits parked right next to my Wii and Original Xbox. I think I got it for like $15.00 US, it came with 1 controller, 1 Third party memory card, 1 RF adapter, 1 light gun Hardware wise. Software wise, it came with House of the Dead, Legacy of Kain: SR, Speed Devils, Draconus: Cult of the Wyrm, Blue Stinger, Shenmue and Quake III. Not bad for $15.00. Some one had spilled Coke on it at some point, so I took it apart and cleaned it out real good... now it is as good as new.

Since owning it I have bought ; 5 NIB VMU's (3 green, 1 Blue, 1 Grey), 3 NIB first partyPAL Controllers (blue swirl), three extension cords for the controllers, an S-Video jack and 4 Rumble Packs on the hardware front. Next I want to pick up a NIB system so when this one dies.. I still can make one good run at it ;-).

Software wise, I have nabbed up Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Sonic Adventure 1, Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage, Virtua Fighter 3 tb, Sega Rally 2, Daytona USA, Tech Romancer, Armada, RE: Code Veronica, NFL 2k and 2k1(mint in package), NFL 2k2, Crazy Taxi, MDK 2, Redog and F355 Challenge.

Not a bad start eh? LOL.

GP

Impulse
Admin

Re: Cool website....

Post#2 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:46 am

Hey, GPWASR10 welcome to the forum and thank you for the kind words :) . The forum is pretty new, it just got recreated in june 08 but, has been around since 2004.

You got a really good deal one that DC. Especially with those games that came with it. Draconus: Cult of the wyrm alone could have cost you $15. Good to see you got a good deal.

Nice collection so far, those are some good games you've got. If you didn't know, Quake III Arena can still be played online. Maybe we'll see you on one day. If you're interested in getting your DC online just make a thread in the online section. Or check out some of the already posted threads.
-Impulse

Hobofreak
Sasquatch

Post#3 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:11 am

Welcome GPWASR10 new systems will run you about $80. Also you should get the VGA adapter for a better picture they'll only run about $15-$20.

PSO Character
Name: Taz
Level: 26
Type: HUcast
ID: BLUEFULL
Version: 2

GPWASR10
dark night

Post#4 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:21 pm

Thanks, yeah I would like and try to get online with it, but I do not have a regular phone line in my house, just broadband internet. I have already looked up the LAN adapter.... $$$$$$$$ on Ebay. Might be able to link up from work though....

I would get a VGA box.... but my TV does not support VGA. I would love to get this bad boy online though so I will keep looking for an Adapter/modem for the DC. Maybe Craigslist?

Anyways, I am sure I will be seeing you guys around here.

GP

Radkin
PSOaholic

Post#5 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:07 pm

Most TV's do not suppoet VGA, you have to use a PC monitor.
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

KarpetRydOFunk
undertow

Post#6 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:34 pm

Yeah, I'm loving this site. I've only been on for two hours and i already feel the community. I usually don't care for forums, but this is one I'll be using, mos def.

Impulse
Admin

Post#7 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:33 am

GPWASR10 wrote:Thanks, yeah I would like and try to get online with it, but I do not have a regular phone line in my house, just broadband internet. I have already looked up the LAN adapter.... $$$$$$$$ on Ebay. Might be able to link up from work though....

Yeah unfortuenatly Broadband adapters for Dreamcast are usualy in the 100 dollar range. You could do a PC-DC server setup but I'm not really positive on how to get it working. There is a guide posted here that explains a lot: http://www.maturion.de/dreamcast/mterlouw/

KarpetRydOFunk wrote:Yeah, I'm loving this site. I've only been on for two hours and i already feel the community. I usually don't care for forums, but this is one I'll be using, mos def.

Thank you and welcome to the forum, KarpetRydOFunk :D .
-Impulse