Dreamcast Tech Romancer Special Edition?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
killer-elite
blackout!

Dreamcast Tech Romancer Special Edition?

Post#1 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:45 pm

I found a special edition of Tech Romancer online and wonder what the info behind all of this stuff that was included in the package...the guy says its from a online package that was available online threw the capcom website?? Any information would be helpful.
Attachments
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600 (12).jpg
s-l1600 (11).jpg
s-l1600 (9).jpg
s-l1600 (8).jpg
s-l1600 (7).jpg
s-l1600 (6).jpg
s-l1600 (5).jpg
s-l1600 (4).jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600.jpg

dark
Shark Patrol

Re: Dreamcast Tech Romancer Special Edition?

Post#2 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:55 pm

Cool, never seen this before, but it might be some kind of pre-order bonus goods/swag or something similar. Back in the day Japanese developers would routinely throw in some swag if you pre-ordered a game directly from them at full price. I think some games came with phone cards or other similar small trinkets.

killer-elite
blackout!

Post#3 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:27 pm

dark wrote:Cool, never seen this before, but it might be some kind of pre-order bonus goods/swag or something similar. Back in the day Japanese developers would routinely throw in some swag if you pre-ordered a game directly from them at full price. I think some games came with phone cards or other similar small trinkets.

I wonder how many Capcom games or other sort of games got these sort of online extras special editions...the only ones I can think of are the Sega GA GA, Space Channel 5 and Eternal Arcadia special editions as I believe those were only sold threw online threw Sega's Dreamcast Direct??

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:45 pm

Oh you're reminding me about D Direct. Yeah, I think if you ordered Under Defeat or some of the Milestone games like Radirgy, you would get a themed phone card with art related to the game on it. I think Trizeal could come with a special headband. Pretty sure Shikigami no Shiro came with some trinkets as well if you ordered it early or on D Direct. I'm sure there were many other examples of this during the dreamcast's life.

I don't think it was a special edition but Sega GT Homologation Special came with a bunch of stickers.