BroadbandPassport US Beta Version 1?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Sonic1994DC
Carnage

BroadbandPassport US Beta Version 1?

Post#1 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:21 pm

I was on youtube just searching up random Dreamcast video when this randomly showed up in suggestion playlist. Using the Dreamcast Broadband Adapter (BBA). And in the description of the video he shows off his bba and clams he is using a beta version of the US BroadbandPassport. I never heard of there being a beta version for a US BroadbandPassport or if this is fan made. If there was a beta for the BroadbandPassport in US this is the first I'm hearing of it. In his comments in his video he saids he got this beta from a ISO website. I tried looking for it but didn't find it. Also just a thing I thought was neat was he also played PSO when the servers where still up and has videos of him playing.

Wombat
Vagabond

Re: BroadbandPassport US Beta Version 1?

Post#2 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:07 am

I'm pretty sure this is just the unofficial translated version of the Japanese Broadband Passport, going of the bookmarks present in the browser (iso news, dc warez), I'm pretty confident that this is the case :)

I have used this translation in the past too.

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Re: BroadbandPassport US Beta Version 1?

Post#3 » Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:46 pm

Wombat wrote:I'm pretty sure this is just the unofficial translated version of the Japanese Broadband Passport, going of the bookmarks present in the browser (iso news, dc warez), I'm pretty confident that this is the case :)

I have used this translation in the past too.

Ah! Ok