do not pirate indie Dreamcast games Support our dev's in the scene!!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
MoeFoh
Uber

Re: do not pirate indie Dreamcast games Support our dev's in the scene!!

Post#11 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:13 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:Funding a kickstarter project gets money up front for the dev team on a major release and gets the ball rolling. The publisher and resellers get most hurt financially when new indie titles are pirated instead of bought.

Not all games have kickstarters postal did not.. Not always them getting the most hurt.. Every one gets hurt You know why dan quit so that hurt us all losing another dev ..

With out the dev's there not much point of a publisher..

We all get hurt as new dev's see the problem and move on to more respectful secure scene..

Dont worry i have things that stop this happing :) So your on notice pirates..

Who is Dan?

There's a website out there offering latest indie titles - which I won't name. It should be taken down immediately.

pic.png
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#12 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:16 am

MoeFoh wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:Funding a kickstarter project gets money up front for the dev team on a major release and gets the ball rolling. The publisher and resellers get most hurt financially when new indie titles are pirated instead of bought.

Not all games have kickstarters postal did not.. Not always them getting the most hurt.. Every one gets hurt You know why dan quit so that hurt us all losing another dev ..

With out the dev's there not much point of a publisher..

We all get hurt as new dev's see the problem and move on to more respectful secure scene..

Dont worry i have things that stop this happing :) So your on notice pirates..

Who is Dan?

There's a website out there offering latest indie titles - which I won't name. It should be taken down immediately.

pic.png

Dan Redfield: the creator of the dc port pf postal that was a years hard work rewriting the whole rendering back and sound system so it even fit in memory and then getting it to 60fps that dan..

Thanks another one to get taken down.. We got cdromance to take down all indie games so you see something say something..
Dan Redfield
@DC_Redfield
·
22h
I've had a bit of a think overnight and honestly I feel that the Dreamcast just isn't the right platform for what I want to achieve looking ahead.

I'll probably keep my dev stuff to tinker with here and there, but I won't be releasing anything further commercially

So who did this hurt all of us..

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#13 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:56 am

Sounds like Dan should of done a Kickstarter.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#14 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:23 am

Is that you Ian Micheal? Why is somebody named Ian Micheal thanking them for Wolflame?

pic2.png
Last edited by MoeFoh on Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Charles Bukowski

krovellium
fire

Post#15 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:47 am

MoeFoh wrote:Is that you Ian Micheal? Why are you thanking them for Wolflame?

pic2.png

my brother in christ YOU are the one pirating indie games

Roel
Developer

Post#16 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:17 am

Kickstarter does help get the ball rolling, but it also imposes many obligations on devs, who often still have to invest a lot of their own time and money. In my experience, resellers (as well as most, but not all publishers) invest only a fraction of what I as a dev do. So I respectfully disagree with your analysis.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#17 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:20 am

krovellium wrote:

pic2.png

Says the guy that cloned my name the other day in discord.. Anyone can use my name on forums..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#18 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:34 am

Roel wrote:

Kickstarter does help get the ball rolling, but it also imposes many obligations on devs, who often still have to invest a lot of their own time and money. In my experience, resellers (as well as most, but not all publishers) invest only a fraction of what I as a dev do. So I respectfully disagree with your analysis.

I agree with this the time and effort could never even be paid back..

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#19 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:43 am

MoeFoh wrote:Is that you Ian Micheal? Why is somebody named Ian Micheal thanking them for Wolflame?

pic2.png

I can tell you it's not me there are number of clones of my name about since your a member what email address is linked to the name ?

Zoarb
lithium

Post#20 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:31 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
krovellium wrote:

pic2.png

Says the guy that cloned my name the other day in discord.. Anyone can use my name on forums..

Nah. Georgia Peaches there added "Spleen" to the end of it lol. Real talk though. This is why you don't do that Georgia.
Life is a gamble.

Nothing is guaranteed.

Don't put all your chips on red.

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

But above all, make sure you
HAVE FUN