do not pirate indie Dreamcast games Support our dev's in the scene!!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
krovellium
fire

Re: do not pirate indie Dreamcast games Support our dev's in the scene!!

Post#61 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:47 pm

@pcwzrd13 can you just ban moefoh already

marchegiano
Quad Damage

Post#62 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:55 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
marchegiano wrote:Pretty sure Ian is just thanking the uploader, who is my brother, for his kind words about Ian's DreamNeo.

I'll talk to Gator about it. He's not really a bad guy and sees himself more like robin hood. If the devs are really struggling then he should know that.

Never been on that site mate it's just a clone user..

Well then, that "Ian" :lol:

marchegiano
Quad Damage

Post#63 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:57 pm

krovellium wrote:@pcwzrd13 can you just ban moefoh already

Yes, the adult thing to do is ban the guy saying things you don't like. :lol:

krovellium
fire

Post#64 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:58 pm

marchegiano wrote:
krovellium wrote:@pcwzrd13 can you just ban moefoh already

Yes, the adult thing to do is ban the guy saying things you don't like. :lol:

counterpoint: you're mom lol

CORE316
photon blast

Post#65 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:01 pm

Found the Imposter!!!

Cass
MegaDeath

Post#66 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:06 pm

CORE316 wrote:Found the Imposter!!!

:D Ian would never wear that glove but pretty sure he's got the shirt!

MondoGecko
minority

Post#67 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:55 pm

lol this thread

krovellium
fire

Post#68 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:09 pm

this image of ian is literally one of the most genuinely hilarious images ever

Retro-45
letterbomb

Post#69 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:10 pm

Had A long rant wrote up but fuck it im not in the mood. Here is a short version.

[b] Im with most of you guys on this don’t take this the wrong way. I'm not advocating for pirating games made by independent developers or anything like that. I still buy new game's.[/b]

Im with the majority of you guys and ian great rant on this on this subject.

my response below.

Why is there even drama about this. Pirating new games released for a dead system that no one cares about anymore and you’re trying to make yourself a saint. @Meofo

Look im no better I have my history of doing it but not to this extent. I have a line I dont want to cross.
I still support developers that I like and if the price is good. I have no need to pirate. Now on the other hand if it’s a scalper, repro sellers of free software, or out of print and has not have a available rerelease. Then yes but thats my limit.

And it gets boring sometimes and a pain in the ass. Depending on the system. My final statement on this: imposter someone like this is scummy, and it’s a dead system for gods sake with people trying to keep it alive for the rest of us. And people are over here trying to fuck everything up.

Ok im done with this good day.
Last edited by Retro-45 on Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marchegiano
Quad Damage

Post#70 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:18 pm

I've spoken with Gator, he said he'll make his own account so it's not confusing and come speak with you guys directly. We do often just log into one another's accounts so he has read this thread.

That said, I'm little shocked the only person in here who seems to have any form of dissenting opinion in anyway is being ridiculed like you're all school children. Moe didn't even go after the sentiment of the thread he just pointed out a suspect account and pressed. Is that really such an awful thing to do?

If people watched Gator and my own log times I'd understand them thinking we're one person. He logs into my account here loads, I log into his account there from time to time as well. I upload stuff to his megas heaps. Because no one here is going to much care about a NES to DC port, you can all do it. So when I make one I upload it to Gator's megas and he makes a thread when he sees it. We share, we're all up in one another's stuff and times would show that.

Log time wise it'd look like one guy but we're not. So, I understand Moe's suspicions and I think most of you guys are defending Ian on credit. I understand that too, I believe Ian because his word is good enough for me but I'm not going to sit here and watch a bunch of grown ass men pretend like what Moe said was stupid. It wasn't stupid, log times are suspect as hell and if I didn't have any background knowledge of Ian I wouldn't believe Ian. Same for me, if I was you reading me talk about some mysterious brother and had no other interaction with me prior I'd call BS because the log times are suspect.

This thread is super egalitarian and not in the least bit elitist or judgmental.