Chair Table/Lapdesk for Keyboard and Mouse

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
killer-elite
blackout!

Chair Table/Lapdesk for Keyboard and Mouse

Post#1 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:42 pm

Any ideas for a smol table big enough for DC Keyboard and Mouse??? I've been looking into getting one of the couch tables/lapdesks but cant find the right one so I could use on my pc chair and I dont want to have to buy a fold-able table that I have to put together every time I want to fragg a newb online. Any body have a setup that is solid besides having a dedicated desk?? Thanks

-drez01-
Tank Jr.

Re: Chair Table/Lapdesk for Keyboard and Mouse

Post#2 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:02 pm

CFB29722-7222-433E-87C2-13EACD248F85.jpeg

killer-elite
blackout!

Post#3 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:57 pm

-drez01- wrote:CFB29722-7222-433E-87C2-13EACD248F85.jpeg

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL I wish, I'm kinda leaning on getting a fold-able mini table now cause I cant seem to find any solid lap desks that are big enough and most importantly solidly built...alot of them are plastic, flimsy looking and offer no space at all - I would have to use the DC mini Keyboard just to fit a mouse and mouse pad on it, if all else fails I was thinking of putting a VGA splitter on my DC VGA Box then running a extension cable to one of my old PC LCD Monitors and just using extension cables for the keyboard and mouse to DC so I could just set aside my PC setup for a DC one. Would be more convent then having to move my entire Dreamcast back and forth and having to plug in all the cables just for a couple of games, times like this I want another DC just to save myself the hassle.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:46 am

I've kept desk with slide-out forever that keeps my Dreamcast keyboard but for mouse I don't know I too loaded and I don't do enough Dreamcast FPS anyway (Outtrigger and+or Unreal shall surely solve!)

Alex_DC
dark night

Post#5 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:08 am

IKEA make a laptop ‘table’ that is basically a plastic tray with a bean bag thing underneath - you could mod one of those with an sheet of wood on top to give move space for KB + mouse. That'd be easy enough.