Dreamcast Beta Confirm / Debunk List

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Dreamcast Beta Confirm / Debunk List

Post#101 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:55 pm

Leyenda03 wrote:And what happened to the images of the game of indiana jones and the infernal machine?

I haven't heard back from the guy yet. I'll definitely post here when/if I do. There's no guarantee as he may not even have a way to run it.

Leyenda03 wrote:And one more question at the beginning of the topic there is a list of games and I see Woody Woodpecker Racing and Renegade Racers, you say they were 100%, is there a possibility that someone has these games or do they not know where they are

No one I've talked to has a back of Woody Woodpecker Racing. I know a dev with a backup of Renegade Racers but he has it in storage and is out of the country at the moment.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#102 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:55 pm

Got some dynamite info on Legend of the Blademasters! The game was 100% complete but was cancelled because the publisher (Ripcord) went bust. This is a developing story while I try and contact more of the devs... :)

I am sure I am remembering the story slightly wrong, but Ripcord Games told us that any game that's not already in boxes is to be canceled. So, we had the final copy on disk ready to be delivered to the publisher, but that didn't meet their line in the sand.
PSO Characters:

Leyenda03
shadow

Post#103 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:37 am

It would be fantastic if that game was found since it looked good and if it is 100% it would be a good gift to enjoy in our dreamcast

Jenkins
MicroMidget

Post#104 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:22 pm

Ryo_Hazuki wrote: I remember another game at the time, which was a game about Playmobil dolls, I remember reading a preview of the n64 version in a magazine, at the end of the article it talked about a 128 bit version for the Dreamcast in parallel development. Something about it?

"Hype: The Time Quest" was developed by Ubisoft (Montreal). I guess this task would be impossible - if any code was ever written. Ubisoft have a strict policy. The console ports were released a few month after the official end of the Dreamcast. But Ubisoft kept releasing games after that, at least in Europe with some help from BigBen Interactive...

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#105 » Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:45 am

Got some amazing news regarding Legend of the Blademasters! I've recently been speaking with the founder of Ronin Entertaiment, and he confirmed that he still has the Dreamcast build and source code! Not only that, but talks are currently underway to release the game as a Dreamcast indie title! I suggested the idea and he seems very into it. I've gotten him in contact with WAVE Game Studios so hopefully the ball will start rolling on this soon.

This would be the first time in history that a cancelled Dreamcast game was released in physical form 20+ years later. I'm very excited for this!

Oh and the icing on the cake is that the game has an online multiplayer mode as well! It's a skirmish mode where players compete to collect loot. There were originally plans for other online modes including 2-player co-op but sadly they were scrapped when Sega announced the Dreamcast's discontinuation.
PSO Characters:

Jenkins
MicroMidget

Post#106 » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:01 am

Ok, wow - this is truly amazing! As soon as anything is up for sale or pre-order or fundraise or download you can count me in. I had so much interest in Blade Master back in the days. Maybe it will finally come true!

Leyenda03
shadow

Post#107 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:51 am

fantastic in good time hopefully this encourages more canceled titles to come out and another thing about the game indiana jones and the infernal machine haven't they told you anything new?

and sorry for asking you what happens is that I am interested in that game and thanks to you for informing us about these canceled games, I really appreciate it.

xaeroxcore
fire

Post#108 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:43 pm

Great list!!! Hope to see more news of SR2! We really hope someday it gets leaked!

Also there is any info from Commandos 2, Max Payne, GTA 3D or VF 4?

Leyenda03
shadow

Post#109 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:47 pm

Do you know anything about Roswell Conspiracies

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#110 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:20 pm

So I recently read the Dreamcast Junkyard article on Title Defense and decided to do some digging. Managed to get in contact with a dev who requested to remain anonymous. Sadly it seems the "game" was never really a game at all, it was a PC tech demo that was shopped around to various publishers, none of whom were willing to take the risk on it. I sent all the info to Tom so he'll probably include a lot of it in a follow-up.

Here's a screenshot the dev sent me which has never been released. It's from a later build than any of the ones that are currently out there. It definitely looks more polished here.

TD.jpg
TD.jpg (102.45 KiB) Viewed 2017 times
PSO Characters: